Is this counterfeit?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by RefrigerationForAll, Aug 29, 2013.

?

Fake or real?

1. Fake

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Real

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. RefrigerationForAll

RefrigerationForAll New Member

Got some fat man coins not so sure about authenticity I know nothing about em
    26.7g weight 39mm. Thanks 2.8mm thick. Thanks image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gubni

gubni Active Member

Have you done a silver slide test yet?

4. RefrigerationForAll

5. RefrigerationForAll

I had silver content verified by a coin dealer but he told me he knows nothing about the coins so he was unable to authenticate. He advised me to have it graded. Don't want to waste my money if someone can see something that gives it away lol

6. RefrigerationForAll

Anyone who votes em as fake. Please tell me how you know so I know what to look for in the future thanks

7. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

With "Fatman" coins they usually blow the shoulder boards. [​IMG]

8. RefrigerationForAll

You mean the counterfeiter usually screws that up?

9. Ripley

Ripley Senior Member

10. RefrigerationForAll

Got ya. So that's a pic of an authentic one? Check this one I found for sale. image.jpg

Ripley likes this.
  11. RefrigerationForAll

Nvm it's 50 cent I feel like an idiot

12. gxseries

gxseries Coin Collector

Please take better photos as well as the edge.

At this point of time, I cannot comment on it even though it's within weight tolerance.

13. RefrigerationForAll

I'll try to get better pictures up tomorrow

14. RefrigerationForAll

GXs, I actually used some of your pictures on omnicoin to compare lol. So ill get better pics tomorrow then let me know what you think. I'm very green in this.

15. princeofwaldo

princeofwaldo Grateful To Be eX-I/T!

100% fake. The denticles alone are enough to say the coin is bogus.

16. RefrigerationForAll

Ok. I got four others I want opinion on those too. I would also like to provide some improved pictures

17. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

18. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

I just read Princeofwaldo's post & tend to agree with him.

19. RefrigerationForAll

I found them at a yard sell and paid very little. I thought they appeared to be silver. So I took a chance I actually bought them for precious metal. But once I researched the coin I became interested in the collector aspect of it. I had the silver content checked and they are in fact silver but I also learned there are many fakes with silver content too. So I'm not at a loss. Just not at a significant gain either lol. I got some others I'm gonna put up here when I can. I appreciate everyone's input. It's been a great learning experience and has boosted an interest in numismatics for me. So I previously only collected for the purpose of gold and silver now I'm interested in learning to collect lol

Ripley likes this.
  20. RefrigerationForAll

I found them at a yard sell and paid very little. I thought they appeared to be silver. So I took a chance I actually bought them for precious metal. But once I researched the coin I became interested in the collector aspect of it. I had the silver content checked and they are in fact silver but I also learned there are many fakes with silver content too. So I'm not at a loss. Just not at a significant gain either lol. I got some others I'm gonna put up here when I can. I appreciate everyone's input. It's been a great learning experience and has boosted an interest in numismatics for me. So I previously only collected for the purpose of gold and silver now I'm interested in learning to collect lol

21. RefrigerationForAll

Didn't mean to post three times sorry

Draft saved Draft deleted