I little quiz to test your common sense

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by irisheyes, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

What would be the point of that...all the emails are saying is that his theory is plausible because there is so little information out there about these coins. That further research is needed. To me, that means...I can't say for sure that this is impossible with the information currently available. That is in no way proof.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hunt1

Hunt1 Active Member

Never said it wasn't a legit email, i just don't believe in copy and pasted emails. Also isn't posting emails with contact info of the senders/recipiants frowned upon here? I thought that it wasnt permitted. :rolleyes:

4. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

Obviously you dont see this the way it was intended ......first off HE is not just a guy ....he is the
    Curator of North American Coins
    and Currency for the
    American Numismatic Society
    and he did not tell me I have no proof what he said was that he​
    agrees that my
    theory deserves further investigation.... he admits information I based my theory on is undeniable and he finds
    it very intriguing.

.......and he likes the idea of investigating it further.​

We have had further corespondence since this email and contiued do so on a daily basis

But I have decided not to share the matter any further .....but I'm sure you will find out soon enough!

5. AdamL

AdamL Well-Known Member

Fair enough I suppose, in that you shouldn't believe the first person who tells you that what you have isn't special. But if you've researched this, and believe that you are right and everyone on this site is wrong, why wouldn't you send it in to NGC or PCGS? Surely if this coin were real it would be worth the cost to have it certified.
    Oh, and my grandmother was 100% Irish, so I understand the stubborness :D And I don't mean that in a disrespectfull way.

6. Sully

Sully New Member

Am I missing something with the OP? Everyone keeps referring to he/him but their name is Andrea?

And BTW, could someone please pass the popcorn?

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

OK - buy what does any of any of that have to do with your coin being a fake or not ? It doesn't have anything to do with it.

To the best of my knowledge nobody here ever argued with you about how the coin came to be. Most of us are well aware that there is little in the way of historical proof regarding the specific origins of the coins. Yes, we all agree there is much more to know. Mr. Hoge agrees too and he is telling you that.

Tell you what, you send him pictures of your coin, all of them, and I'll bet ya he tells you same thing all of us told you - it's a fake.

8. irisheyes

irisheyes New Member

Its a good thing Garry Cucci decided to send his coin in for verifacation ...even though he was told it was a fake by several dealers.

Its also a bit of a cincidence ..dont you think ?

I started discusing my coin on this website in February 2012 and little did I know it was being plastered all over the internet
    ...anyone with an interest in 1776 Continential Currency coins would have seen my postings if they went online

Within days of this being online garry takes his coin to a local dealer who sends it in for him .
    ..and in less than two weeks it was sold to an unknown buyer and resold to someone else.

.....definately in my thoughts today !!

9. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Let me preface this by saying that I'm sure plenty of people here will tell you I'm a straight shooter and as honest as you'll get.

I have 5 free submissions to PCGS that I need to use by the end of April. I have one open spot for this submission. Pay for the cost of getting the coin graded and shipping it to/from PCGS and back to you, and I'll add it to my submission. $40 should cover fees for shipping to/from PCGS and back to you. PM me if you want to do this.

When it comes back as a fake, all I'm going to say is that I told you so.

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

So send it Irish, we've been telling you that since day 1.

11. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

One flew over the cuckoo's nest!

12. Hunt1

Hunt1 Active Member

:yes:

13. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Wow, I had NO idea that the reason that Garry Cucci got his verified as authentic was because your postings were plastered all over the internet. It's obviously too much of a coincidence to mark it up as two separate events that were completely coincidental, and obviously are totally interrelated.

But I have a question...

Is it your postings that you plastered all over the internet by posting here on CT the cause of him getting his coin verified, or is it him getting his coin verified the reason that caused you to post your unfounded ramblings on CT?

14. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

I have found that it is bad practice to submit a loser coin along with nice ones you hope grade well. If you get my drift.
    Lance.

15. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

Irish if it is indeed real than congratulations. Get it slabbed right away and get some insurance on it, but don't put all of your stock in the fact that it is genuine. If you have your mind made up that it is 100% genuine could you imagine the despair if you do find out that it is a reproduction?

16. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

irisheyes, not once in your emails to mr. hoge did you even mention that your coin has "hong kong" on it. why didn't you mention this bit of info to him? you've told us in the past you believe it to be proof that your coin circulated in hong kong.

17. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Actually considering the sometimes contentuous nature of members of this forum, I am amazed at the constraint in this thread. I think the suggestion to have a qualified expert LOOK at the coin or to get the coin CERTIFIED is the voice of reason. Do it Irish, and the best of luck to you. Prove all these nay sayers wrong.

18. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Agreed...stop trying to convince the whole world your coins is authentic simply because you think it is. Send it in and get it graded by PCGS or NGC. Then you will know...and once you know, you can tell us. If you are right, I'm sure everyone who has doubted you will admit they were wrong and you will probably be able to sell the coin for a nice sum. So, just send it in already.

19. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Mr. Hoge appears more interested in your documentation than he does in viewing your specimen........

20. lkeigwin

lkeigwin Well-Known Member

Yes, please do it. I can almost guarantee the TPG turnaround will be in record time.
    Lance.

21. Hunt1

Hunt1 Active Member

:d

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.