I found a 1944 Steel Penny. Is it real?

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by indyfinn, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRANCISCO R

FRANCISCO R Member

I took these little better if u dnt see it I dnt know but I see it verry clearly

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. FRANCISCO R

FRANCISCO R Member

This one

Attached Files:

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

WOW, you really need to send this in for authentication and grading. Be careful no one tri3s to take it away from you.

5. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Ok, Francisco, one LAST try to get through. It is damage, that makes the 2 look somewhat like a "3".

Look at the photo below , the first and 3rd date. On first date ,Notice the middle of the 3 is on the same level as the crossbar of the 4, with the bottom of the 3 the same depth as the 9 now look at the 3rd coin the 1942, notice that the crossbar of the 4 is well above the bottom of the 2 which is level with the bottom of the 4.

Now look at your coin, the crossbar of the 4 is well above the middle since it is a "2" rather than the "3" you hope for, aand the damage you say is the bottom of a 3 doesn't reach the same level as the bottom of the 9 as is a real 1943

Please do not carry on with this.

[​IMG]

non_cents likes this.
  6. FRANCISCO R

FRANCISCO R Member

Nooo not damage or altered jus wear from the circulation tat wat u see it has weird markings on it all over the cent in the back of the cent on the edge looks like letters markings not from damage I been inspecting it for week stright paying atention to detail to make sure not boguse my sister was the one FOUND IT WASHINGTON STATE I TOLD HER I WAS COLLECTING PENNYS SHE SAID I GOT COUPLE OLD ONES IN MY PURS PULLED IT OUT CAME VISIT TO CA H.B NOT 3 DAYS SENCE SHE LEFT BUT YA TATS HOW SHE FOUND IT SHE WORKS CASHIER AT CHUCKS AUTOPART FOUND WASHINGTON WEIRD SHE PULLED IT OUT I GOT MAGNET RIGHT AWAYTO SEEIF IT WAS DIPED COPPR NOPE WEIGH 3,1 BUT YA BILEVE IT O NOT IM NOT SCAMARTIS OR FAKE SUMTHING I BEEN LOOKING FOR MORE THEN 20YRS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.