How much is that Morgan in the window.

Discussion in 'What's it Worth' started by JBOCON, Feb 16, 2014.

1. JBOCON

JBOCON Well-Known Member

This is my 4th time posting to what's it worth. So far, I have never received a"worth" on a coin I have posted here. I am trying 1 more time. Looking for retail value in U.S. Dollars please. image.jpg image.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I don't know about your first three attempts, but I usually try to avoid giving valuations, especially retail. Even if you tried to search comparable, completed listings on eBay, you probably won't get a true valuation. First, most everyone is looking for a bargain. Second, the attribution for this coin may not even appear in any listing.

I know that when I used to check actual prices paid for a specific VAM on the VAMWorld listings, they would be all over the place with no rhyme or reason to them. It's even harder now because I don't think that VW even updates acquisition prices to their Wiki-based listings now that they have their own registry through the SSDC.

I'm sure you've heard it before and it probably isn't what you want to hear, but a coin, any coin, is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Maybe one of the dealers will chime in and help you.

Good luck!

Chris

4. JBOCON

JBOCON Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris, it does seem to me that this whole "what's it worth" is not well titled. Most people seem to offer opinions on grade but not worth.

5. jrt103

jrt103 New Member

Bases on Numismedia.com and pcgs.com price guides and ebay completed auction.. I would value it at ~75.00 more or less

6. DUNK 2

DUNK 2 Well-Known Member

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

It's a simple matter to go to www.ha.com, complete the free registration, and look up the retail value range for just about any coin in the auction archives.

rickmp likes this.
  8. JBOCON

JBOCON Well-Known Member

The auction prices for a coin like this is all over the place. Values at auction are so wide that it is of no value.

9. Tinpot

Tinpot Well-Known Member

All that means is that the retail value is a very wide range then. Average out the auction prices and you'd get what could probably be considered a "fair" retail value.

10. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

That is because no two coins even of the same grade and graded by the same TPG are equal. So of course the prices are all over the place. That is the entire point. There is no such thing as a single, set value for any given coin because every coin is unique.

11. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

Based on Heritage...four PCGS MS62 examples have sold in the past year. The price range was $69-$135. The lowest of the four was toned in what I consider a rather unattractive fashion.

The other 3 coins have nice white surfaces and luster like your coin. Those sold between $96-$135. So, I would say your coin currently could be valued in the $96-$135 range.

12. JBOCON

JBOCON Well-Known Member

Wow great very helpful CamaroDMD thank you very much!

Draft saved Draft deleted