How Chinese fake coin sellers manage to fool people

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Numismat, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

That's a huge problem with ebay, their chronic feet-dragging. A lot of the counterfeit sellers list their wares for 1 or 3 day auctions, which allows them time to complete even if you report them right when they are first listed.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Yep... it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that people immeasurably smarter than I am are looking out for me... protecting me from my own stupidity. I can sleep tonight knowing that a "watch dog" group of experts is roaming the halls of eBay, shutting down questionable auctions. I can sit back and relax, knowing that others will do my thinking for me. Reminds me a little of the CFe group, the self appointed band of counterfeit bounty hunters, purging eBay of any and all listings that fail to meet their standards. Yep... we're in good hands.

4. Numismat

Numismat World coin enthusiast

In the midst of your sarcasm there is a clear message that such watchdog groups are necessary. Maybe not to save someone knowledgeable like you from making stupid mistakes, but certainly from saving the many novice collectors from making naive, uninformed mistakes.

5. jloring

jloring Senior Citizen

Sarcasm aside, why do I think of HSN or The Coin Vault when you mention "novice collectors making naive, uninformed mistakes"?

6. zach67005

zach67005 Active Member

Hey! I just got a VF raw 21 morgan on the easy pay. 3 months at $39.99 per. Really stoked because it's the low mintage Philly one.

Draft saved Draft deleted