Giveaway of a Children's Book on the Monetary System

Discussion in 'Contests' started by ianlucas, Apr 29, 2012.

1. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

I am just 15 years old right now, but there is this one poem that is always the best when it comes to money...
    [TABLE="width: 80%, align: center"]

[TD="width: 84%"][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]My dad gave me one dollar bill
    'Cause I'm his smartest son,
    And I swapped it for two shiny quarters
    'Cause two is more than one![/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]

[TD="width: 14%"]
    [/TD]
    [TD="width: 84%"][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]And then I took the quarters
    And traded them to Lou
    For three dimes -- I guess he don't know
    That three is more than two![/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]

[/TD]
    [TD="width: 84%"][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Just then, along came old blind Bates
    And just 'cause he can't see
    He gave me four nickels for my three dimes,
    And four is more than three![/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]

[/TD]
    [TD="width: 84%"][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]And I took the nickels to Hiram Coombs
    Down at the seed-feed store,
    And the fool gave me five pennies for them,
    And five is more than four![/SIZE][/FONT][/TD]

[TD="width: 14%"][/TD]
    [TD="width: 84%"][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]And then I went and showed my dad,
    And he got red in the cheeks
    And closed his eyes and shook his head--
    Too proud of me to speak!
    [/SIZE][/FONT]- Shel Silverstein
    now only if those 5 pennies were all 1909-S VBD!!! :D

[/TD]
    [/TABLE]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JCB1983

JCB1983 Learning

“It’s easy to grin when your ship comes in, and you’ve got the stock market beat… But the man worthwhile is the man who can smile when his pants are too tight in the seat.”

~Judge Smeils (Caddyshack)

4. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

I LOVE Caddyshack, i'm a golfer myself :)

5. azhiker00

azhiker00 Member

I know its not winner worthy, but its a quote I saw written on a stall at the greyhound station when I was a kid, they made you pay 10¢ to get into the stall.

"Here i sit broken hearted, paid 10¢ and only farted"

6. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

Last day for the contest!!! :D
    And the winner is...

7. wooleytree

wooleytree Operation Flamingo

Money can't buy happiness but it can buy you a bottle of rum.......On second thought let's not share that withthe children...... On a serious note I just had my second book accepted by a publisher. ;-)

8. ianlucas

ianlucas New Member

It was going to be tough picking a winner until I saw K2Coin's posting of one of my favorite Shel Silverstein poems and one I had in mind while writing this book! K2C, PM me your address and the book is yours.

Everyone, thank you for chiming in with your great submissions!
    Edited ~ Self promotions and trying to sell in regular forums is not allowed.

http://www.cointalk.com/t34131/

9. K2Coins

K2Coins GO GATORS

The book arrived today in the mail. Thank you so much for holding this contest and sending the wounderful book to me. I though that the book was very interesting and provided a lot of knowledge. I liked how it explaned how pennies and nickles have a value worth more then their face. I sorted out my new pennies and old copper peneis and I found over $50 in copper pennies, over 100 rolls!!! Thank you so much for the contest once again!!

Draft saved Draft deleted