George Washington 1789 1st president USA

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by zukrock, Sep 29, 2008.

1. zukrock

zukrock Junior Member

Hi, I found a coin (broken medal) and I was wondering how much can it possibly be worth, I attempted to search online but not much has helped me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

Are the pics of both sides? Anotherwords, are both sides the same?

Ribbit :)

4. zukrock

zukrock Junior Member

both sides is same more pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. HandsomeToad

HandsomeToad Urinist

6. vegasvic

vegasvic Vegas Vic

I hope someone has answer. I have the same coin in XF.
    Vegas Vic

7. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

It's not a coin, it's a medal. There are hundreds of varieties of them. Value is usually minimal if any.

8. ppratt3

ppratt3 Senior Member

I realy hate to sound like a guy that once used this forum to bash people but, but here it goes.

It looks like a sand mold replica to me. The only reason I say this is because I found a colonial coin once that look just like the way yours does, and I was told it was a sand mold replica. I guess thats the way the use to make fake coins back then.

I hope I am wrong, but the pitting looks just like mine. Still a cool find though.

Again I'm not a proffesional on colonial coins and or fakes. best of luck to you.

9. ice

ice Just happy to be here

I dug one it was an inauguration medal. There were so many counterfeits both old and new. They have been recreated and you can buy one at Mt Vernon. Mine turned out to be modern pot metal with little value. Good luck finding out more info. Ice

Draft saved Draft deleted