DOLLAR BILL 74747407 WORTH ANYTHING?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by Shanepicou, Apr 11, 2014.

1. Shanepicou

Shanepicou New Member

I HAVE NO PIC BUT THE BILL IS IN ABOUT GOOD CONDITION. HOW MUCH IS THIS BILL WORTH??

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Shanepicou

Shanepicou New Member

AND WHAT WOULD THIS BE CLASSIFIED AS?

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

I'd say it's worth a dollar.
    I'd classify it as a one dollar federal reserve note.

However, on eBay, it might have some premium as there are people that would pay extra for a partial repeater.

You need to post pics, too.

Endeavor likes this.
  5. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

There are many people on eBay that make no sense buying what they buy. It's a fools paradise. Put it on there for $10 plus shipping. Use the word "cool" in describing the serial number. Then wait for the fish to bite. It's actual numismatic value? One dollar, but they don't know that, or care.

spirityoda likes this.
  6. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

If that's all it takes to sell common notes for a premium, then I need to get an ebay account started right now!
    :)

7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Yep. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

8. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

trust me it isn't that easy. i hadsold on ebay for years and had tons of high quality notes and lost quite a bit of money. it's very hit or miss. every once in a blue moon i would have a note go for crazy money. trust me it was few and far between. there is a lot of relisting of items.

9. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

urbanchemist was selling to a much higher market. You are looking for the basement bargain guy with only $10 to spend. A much broader market indeed. But selling is also a matter of timing, so the first few attempts may not prove fruitful.

10. wcoins

wcoins GEM-ber

Try selling it to Boeing

11. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

To be honest...that serial number won't bring a premium for this note. If you like it, then hand onto it. I kept a $1 FRN with the serial 55552001...it was the first note I ever had where the serial jumped out at me...so I kept it. It has no collector premium, but I like it.

IMHO, it's a $1 FRN worth $1.

Draft saved Draft deleted