Catholic token. Any ideas on what it is?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by kforbes862, Apr 2, 2012.

1. kforbes862

kforbes862 Well-Known Member

I bought what appears to be some kind of small catholic token the other day for $2. on the front it has an image of a pope and says juan pablo ii pont.max. on the back it has 2 hands holding each other and a cross above them, and it says receurdo matrimonial. Does anyone know what it might be or what it might be made of? it looks like it is made of brass or bronze, but feels very dense. tokenback 001.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Please post a photo that is at least the size of your token. I can't make out anything from that tiny photo.

4. wheatydigger

wheatydigger Member

I can't see a thing. Try to use a magnifying glass on the coin, That always helps me with clearness of pictures and zoom.

5. DCH

DCH Member

6. Siberian Man

Siberian Man Senior Member

I'm not blind but I can't see nothing.

7. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

You can view the photo, you know, guys. Gotta learn how to view photos. I cropped it, and yes, the OP should have done so, but still:
    tokenback 001.jpg
    EDIT: And to the OP, it looks kind of like a Claddagh Ring, but I don't any info other than that. Might want to post the other side.
    Claddagh-Ring.jpg
    EDIT EDIT: Actually, it's probably some sort of marriage token.

8. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

Juan = John and Pablo = Paul (different languages, but "same" names). II = II. So Juan Pablo II = John Paul II, which was the pope just prior to the current pope.

9. willieboyd2

willieboyd2 First Class Poster

Draft saved Draft deleted