Best of CoinTalk!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Peter T Davis, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Hi Everyone!
    I wanted to call your attention to something new we have going on here in our community. One of the nice features of our forum's software is the front end you see at the home page. Till now, nothing much was going on up there. No longer will it sit empty!

Link : The Best of CoinTalk!

What I've begun doing is going through posts, way back, and finding the best of the best. These are posts that were so great, so much work has gone into them, and they're so interesting, that we don't want them to go forgotten. Now you have a reason to click on that 'Home' tab at the top.

Not only we're going to be regularly getting good reading material brought back to the forefront, many of you haven't even read before, but we'll be able to recognize members who have done a fantastic amount of legwork and research and a great job of presenting the materials to us.

Thanks! and enjoy!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. coinmaster1

coinmaster1 Active Member

Love the idea! Thanks for putting it there! :thumb: :D
    -Coinmaster1.

4. Farstaff

Farstaff Member

Thanks Peter. Sounds like a great idea

5. jterry85

jterry85 New Member

Great idea! It will be especially helpful to us new guys!

6. Hobo

Hobo Squirrel Hater

Sounds like a good idea. Looking forward to it.

7. BRandM

BRandM Counterstamp Collector

I echo the others Peter. Excellent idea.
    Bruce

8. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Thanks, Peter! I'll look forward to checking it out from time to time.

Chris

9. USS656

USS656 Here to Learn Supporter

Peter, Thanks for including my trip report in this section. Getting the chance to visit the CC Mint was really something else, especially for a guy from the North East who hasn't spent much time out in that part of the country. The museum really gave you a sense of what is must have been like back in the days the mint was operating. I hope it will inspire other to to make the trip. It was worth every minute and I only wish I had more time!

Best Regards ~ Darryl

10. Peter T Davis

Yep, that's the reason your article was the first one I thought of, because I've been wanting to do that trip since you posted it. Dunno if I ever will, but at least we've got your memories ;)

11. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

Way to go Peter!

12. mikenoodle

mikenoodle The Village Idiot Supporter

Does Clinker get his own section of Best of?

13. Peter T Davis

Best of Clinker? Dunno, but I'm sure a lot of the stuff he's done will be in the Best of CoinTalk!

14. hiho

hiho off to work we go

Great idea.

15. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

ill save you a lot of trouble . you know how uncle GD has a little bar on his head that says moderator? design one for me that says best of Cointalk and your problems will be solved :D

16. itmtrader

itmtrader New Member

17. rush2112

rush2112 Junior Member

Peter:
    For all the stupid posts, some from myself, are you going to block the posters name to keep us from being humiliated in front of our more intelligent members?

Draft saved Draft deleted