Ancients => okay fine, I bought one of those dragon-esque coins (hey, don't judge me, Wagoneers)

Discussion in 'Ancient Coins' started by stevex6, Apr 10, 2014.

1. chrsmat71

chrsmat71 I LIKE TURTLES!

I'm not having any trouble.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

"anyone know what the different letters in the left and right reverse fields mean??"

Well, in my coin's case, the "B&G" represent "Bernabo & Galeazzo II Visconti" ...

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
    chrsmat71 likes this.
  4. suninjune

suninjune Member

What is that coin with the knight and horse called in post #8? Very nice!

5. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

"What is that coin with the knight and horse called in post #8? Very nice!"

Yah, that's a real sweetie, eh? (I love this coin)

LORRAINE, Theobald II, Duke of Lorraine
    Double denier (¼ Big Spadin, s.d. Nancy)

AR Gros
    1303-1312 A.D.
    Diameter: 16 mm
    Weight: 0.87 grams
    Obverse: + T - DV-X. LOTOR – EGIE. The Duke of Lorraine (in armour), riding caped steed to the right, carrying spear in right hand and shield in left
    Reverse: MONETA D - E NANCEI. Downward sword, cutting the legend at the top and bottom, between two Avalerions/Alerions
    Reference: S.16 (3/16) Bd.1456 (6 f.) FlonII, n° 1-3, p. 391

Lorraine Duche de Lorraine Thiebaut II a.jpg Lorraine Duche de Lorraine Thiebaut II b.jpg

Peter T Davis, TIF and Eng like this.
  6. suninjune

suninjune Member

Thank you stevex6. I ran a quick search and found only sold coins. Must not be many out there.

stevex6 likes this.
  7. TIF

TIF Always learning.

I can't either. Blocked due to my ISP location or other reason? Happens to me frequently.

8. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

:panda:

TIF => do you live in Northern Manitoba!!?

... hey, we have new icon-thingies (but I no longer have "quote" ability?)

9. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Quoting is intact. Not sure why I suddenly have a garish 'supporter' banner under my avi. I vaguely recall making a small donation to CT but that was quite a while ago.

10. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

I don't understand that either. I made a small donation to CT last month by PayPal but received no acknowledgement of it and apparently do not qualify for the banner.

11. dougsmit

dougsmit Member

Now I see that I gained the banner after I made the above post BUT I lost the ability to edit my post (clicking on the edit button gets no reaction out of the software). I assume the CT Forum software has recently suffered an update. I also assume that someone in the loop is aware of the problems.

I might add that this has been a bad week for software for me. I made great use out of a feature of Google Chrome that went away this week. Now all secondary tabs come up with a search engine but no longer have the old most visited buttons and I can't find the controls to change it back. This all started with the Windows targeted advertising so I assume (there is that word again) the situation is related. Microsoft dropped support of Windows XP last week. The schools I volunteer for have hundreds of XP computers so we are looking at what comes next. I now understand why some people hate MS.

12. SUPERCENT1543

SUPERCENT1543 Member

Love these coins!

stevex6 likes this.
  13. TJC

TJC Well-Known Member

Very cool coins and type!

stevex6 likes this.
  14. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

:shame:

Thanks for the coin-compliments, gang!! (it'a always nice getting feedback)

15. stevex6

stevex6 Random Mayhem

For the record => sweet => this is the first time that I "love" everything that was upgraded ...

=> bravo IT guy, bravo!!

Draft saved Draft deleted