$50 bill ink transfer?

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by bryantallard, Apr 8, 2014.

1. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

advice appreciated. in the 2nd picture at the bottom of the line I marked, there is an E visible. if it is an error...is it anything over 50? or spend it? thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

IMO you have a fifty dollar bill. nothing more. sorry.

4. bryantallard

no need to be sorry. I saw it and wanted to ask where I don't do bills. ty for your response

5. Gamerzilla2012

Gamerzilla2012 New Member

VERY nice, I'm quite sure a few of those marks aren't from a stamp but that "E" section signals the bill was snagged in the line as you can see from the smudges... I recommend keeping it- spending it would be a wasted opportunity...

6. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i would say a spender. the first 2 pictures just look like it's from a teller stamp. the other pictures just show bleeding that is fairly common on those notes

7. Gamerzilla2012

Haha- a true coin collector would save it even if it were worth $50.01! ;)

8. urbanchemist

urbanchemist US/WORLD CURRENCY JUNKIE

i am not rolling in the money to where i can keep a $50 that really has no added value. i collected currency for a long time as well as working at a bank for years. lol i guess i just have more of a discerning taste when it comes to paper currency.

9. Gamerzilla2012

Your best bet is to sell it to some sucker and tell 'em it's a really RARE error! lol

10. jakchota

jakchota Active Member

it aint no SUPRISE, i have 50000 dollars of 100bills with this DEFECT, but guess what. its a mint rush. no one cares :( IMG_5844.jpeg

11. Gamerzilla2012

Whoa whoa whoa- did you say 50 GRAND?!?!?!

12. jakchota

jakchota Active Member

yes, why? a friend of mine returned money after he borrowed for some property. so i decided to withdraw it and store it in the safe and realized there was a error. but its too early to even sell that error. so instead. i left it in my safe hopefully time comes right, if not its still 50000. lol

13. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I agree. There is some bleeding there but that is pretty common. No premium...but nice job spotting it.

14. Gamerzilla2012

You're better off buyin' silver/gold before inflation bites 'ya. Better to keep in a safe than paper, more reliable, and always goes up up up!

jakchota likes this.
  15. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

You don't say...

I want to send you a post-card. What's your mailing address?

;)

16. jakchota

jakchota Active Member

if you want my mailing address, its across from the police station:p:rolleyes: hahaha

17. Gamerzilla2012

"Postcard" yeah right! xD

18. jakchota

jakchota Active Member

That's what I said! Hahaha but I'm in new york the Bronx check it out lol

19. funkee

funkee Tender, Legal

I spent almost 20 years in the city. Who the hell keeps 50k in their apartment, in the Bronx - safe or no safe? Even the guys hustling rocks don't keep that kind of money around. That's just asking to get robbed.

20. jakchota

jakchota Active Member

HAHA you think i live in a apartment, makes me giggle. why some one living in a apartment keep 50000, the landlord will obviously take it. i own a 5 family building, i always go into their apartments for emergency and they cant complain. dont want it stolen, dont leave it open. simple as that. i have a nice private home, right infront of a park and on the open, so no one would even bother with a such thing. well think of this the bronx is 50/50, you either live with the people who dont want problems or live in the projects, i can recall so many times where people bought half a block demolish it and made it to a project, sold the apartments moved on to the next .. haha its life. who cares, its a endless cycle.

21. bryantallard

if you haven't seen the movie BLOW...you should. he rented an apartment. kept it completely empty except for the ceiling high boxes filled with cash. I know a guy that has a continental currency coin that I have held in xf-au condition. (32,000-45,000) for that one coin and he keeps it in the top drawer of his bureau. so to answer who keeps money like that in the house or apartment? I say anyone who can afford it. it would make strap searching easier for sure

jakchota likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted