25th Anniversary Eagle Sets

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by comma, Oct 20, 2011.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

What the devil is so difficult to understand? It's five sets per household. If you're going to order more than five sets, then have a friend or relative order the sets (for you) and have them sent to a separate household. Don't use the same card as the mint may put two and two together. Rick outlines it rather eloquently......

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. illini420

illini420 1909 Collector

I agree with green18's above post, but in addition, I've seen several cases when the Mint catches you ordering more than they allow per household, they won't just cancel the extra orders to your household, they will cancel ALL orders to your household. So you're not just risking the extras, you're risking all of your coins if you try to play games with the Mint.

4. comma

comma Member

You can have multiple addresses in your "address book" on your Mint account.
    The stipulation is 5 per household, not 5 per credit card. Doesn't that mean you could send 5 more to another address in your book? Or no?

5. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Contacted the Mint today...

Comma - You can only purchase five of these sets from one account, period. Can't use the same credit card for multiple orders.

Everything else Rick was stating is accurate. Thanks Rick! :smile

6. comma

comma Member

If everything Rick said was right he said that ONLY shipping address matters...which means the same credit card on different accounts with different shipping addresses would work...still confused. haha

7. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

Back in 1999 when the mint had a limit of two proof sets per household I ordered about a dozen sets using six different addresses and one credit card. They caught and cancelled one order. I got the other ten sets.

GoldIRA, what did you expect them to tell you? They are really trying to limit it to two per household or person, so any scenario you told them they will tell you the other orders will be cancelled and that you can only get five sets. It's like asking "Can I take money out of the register if no one sees me?"

Draft saved Draft deleted