25th Anniversary Eagle Sets

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by comma, Oct 20, 2011.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

So apparently IP addy's are not an issue with the mint. Thanks for clearing that up Rick.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I did not have any problem when I ordered the Grand Canyon 5 oz. with my wife's name & card for our home address. Then my name & a different card for my business address. :thumb:

4. comma

comma Member

So I shouldn't try and use 2 different cards with diff. billing addresses I have if the name is similiar? (one has my last name, the other doesn't)
    Or could I use those 2 just on different Ip addresses?

5. lillyboots

lillyboots Member

Really easy to order more than the limit from the mint, besides the neighbors, friends method. One of two ways: Have the address on a card changed or get a new card with either wife's work or your work address. Second: get a P.O. box. The mint tracks by address, not name, that is why it says "per household". Heck I have even tried and was able to use a address that was *****1/2 from my real one. The postal carrier saw the name and knew it was me and delivered it!

6. comma

comma Member

Haha cool!
    So if I have different cards with different addresses (but my same name) and I order all on the same computer I would be OK?

7. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

Did you guys share the same billing address?

8. McBlzr

Different billing addresses & different shipping addresses. Same last name but different first names & different credit card banks.

9. ColetteM

ColetteM New Member

I'm new to coin collecting how often to they sell these sets?

Colette

10. McBlzr

Once every 25 years :welcome:

11. Randy_K

Randy_K Love them coins...

I haven't seen the US Mint being so sophisticated as to trap IP addresses or to see as the same buyer someone with a different account name and a different card number but with the same billing name. Logically, two customers could have the same name merely by coincidence. What I do not know is if the fulfillment contractor might flag multiple orders going to the same address. It may be reasonable to ship to a different address to avoid an order cancellation.

12. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

If you order more than the limit, and have it all sent to the same address, some of your order will be cancelled by the mint.
    It is strictly by address!
    Nothing else matters!
    Now, how hard is that to understand?

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Wanna say that again Rick?

I didn't hear you........:)

14. Zephr

Zephr New Member

Just an idea, and I'm not going to do it because I'm only planning to order one, but I have heard of people putting letters after the house number in the address to signify either "A" or "B" as if they were living in a duplex.

Not sure how this would work out, just an idea.

15. comma

comma Member

In response to the screaming reply :)
    Is that billing address or physical address? Because if it is physical you could just use the same card for as many transactions as you want...

16. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I'm curious about the billing address / shipping address difference!? I understand now that it's only the address matters but to what capacity. It's clear that the shipping address needs to be different (one man order per household) but what if I want to order three sets (same billing address) and ship them three places? Where do we draw the line?

17. comma

comma Member

That's what I've been trying to get to the bottom of with this thread..I don't get it either.
    When you create an account on the Mint website you can set a shipping address (and it does not have to be the same as the billing address on the card). But I don't know if they are checking the shipping address or billing address associated with the card you are using for that particular account...

18. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

They go by shipping address! Only!! 2 orders to the same shipping address, 1 gets cancelled.

19. comma

comma Member

OK thanks...
    So have you bought things from them with the same card just different shipping addresses on different accounts/emails?

20. GoldIRA

GoldIRA Active Member

I'm going to call the Mint tomorrow to get to the bottom of this. It doesn't make sense that someone can make multiple orders from the same shipping address. Can anyone else confirm? I'd be nice if three or four people could chime in to validate this. It's not that I don't believe you Rick, I just want to prepare and NOT take chances... I'm sending quite a few coins off to PCGS after receiving my sets.

21. comma

comma Member

'

He said you CANT do multiple orders on the same address.
    But on the mint website, you can have a different shipping address from your billing address.
    What I DONT know is if they are only looking at the shipping address or the billing address...
    Post back what you hear tomorrow (even though I am not so sure if you should ask something like this directly to the mint...)

Draft saved Draft deleted