2019 penny Ps!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by MatrixMP-9, Oct 26, 2019.

1. MatrixMP-9

MatrixMP-9 Well-Known Member

I ask my girl at Publix for her rolls whenever she has one to spare. Got one today. When I got home I cracked it open to find all shiny 2019P. Is it possible for these to be uncirculated? They sure look good. Upon check a few out, they all have similar marks, cracks and soforth. I havent looked to try and match up any DD yet (at least real closely) because its going to take time and patients along with an honest eye on these. My camera hates shiny coins. I took a few pics for quick opinions. Does any of this look like more than just a worn die or machine doubling?

The 12 or so I checked at random all had the same crack in the hairline and die crack on the corner of T on Cent on the reverse....same spots. IMG_7363.jpg Snapshot000001.jpg Snapshot000003.jpg Snapshot000004.jpg Snapshot000027.jpg Snapshot000013.jpg Snapshot000029.jpg Snapshot000015.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

You're getting too close to the subject. Back off a little bit and see how those images look.

Chris

MontCollector likes this.
  4. MatrixMP-9

They look like....nothing outside magnification. So I was right I think somewhere down deep that they are normal. Is it possible to get uncirculated coins like this in that type of roll from a grocery store????

5. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

If they show no signs of wear then they are uncirculated. New pennies or coins for that matter, are not considered circulated just because they are in a sealed roll in a cash drawer. It's the condition that matters and determines the grade.

Kevin Mader and Brina like this.
  6. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Yes! Some of the armored car services that get ballistic bags from the Fed roll their own coins, providing them to banks and retail customers.

Chris

7. MatrixMP-9

Thank you! I am going to carefully put these in one of my clear plastic amazon tube things. 40 years from now when Im star dust again, someone may appreciate that I stored them.

JeffC likes this.
  8. Oldhoopster

Oldhoopster Member of the ANA since 1982

FWIW: I have a roll of Unc. 1974 and 1977 Cents that I put away at the time. After 40+ years, I don't think anybody appreciates that I stored them. :banghead:

John Skelton and wxcoin like this.
  9. MatrixMP-9

Funny you said that. I chose 40 out of the air because my Grandma set some uncirculated aside back then and I have them now. I should look closer through them one of these days.

10. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

If you'd sell them to me at face value I'd appreciate you!

11. MatrixMP-9

Being that I opened it and have been sloppy with them here banging around on my desk...I will do you one better....I have to go to Publix here in a bit for ribs (giddyup), I will grab an unopened roll from my girl up there if she has one. I will PM you if she has one and I will just send it to you. Im not worried about 50 cents and some postage brother!

12. wxcoin

wxcoin Getting no respect since I was a baby

Thanks for the kind thought but I don't really mess with modern coins any more. Now that I'm retired I don't want to deal with a lot of bulky modern coins that most likely won't be worth anything when they hook me up to a ventilator.

Draft saved Draft deleted