2014 Uncirculated American Eagle (W) Shipping?

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by fiatfiasco, Apr 21, 2014.

1. fiatfiasco

fiatfiasco Nasty Details Member

I placed my order for these 15 mins into the window opening on the 10th. As of right now, about 1am Eastern 4/21, my order says "In Stock and Reserved". Is this normal? I have only purchased direct from the mint a handful of times and never really paid attention; one day my order just showed up in the mail.

I don't understand why it has not shipped yet. This isn't some fluky HOF coin, some commemorative gamble they have no idea how many will sell. This is a staple of the ASE program. Early order time. Plenty of funds in the account. So again, is this a normal timeframe/stage?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. josh's coins

josh's coins Well-Known Member

Our Mint is slow. give them a few months and you will get your coin... for making you wait that long they might give you a free bag

rickmp likes this.
  4. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I have had the Mint subscription for 5 of these. It says in Stock & Reserved.

JPeace$ likes this.
  5. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

They, either the US Mint of the Pitney-Bowes Fulfillment center, are really beginning to bumble.

A LOT of different things!

6. dwhiz

dwhiz Collector Supporter

This normal
    Mine are in Stock & Reserved and the cancel box is gone so they should ship in a day or two.

7. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

I got mine on Saturday.

OP, yes. what you are experiencing is common place. It's normal to have a product stuck in the 'in stock and reserved' mode for days and then suddenly ship.

8. They had inventory/audit last week so not much shipped out. Look for a lot of items to ship this week.

9. krispy

krispy krispy

It's common but in no way acceptable given the product and the amount of this product that they'll have to fulfill orders for this year. Besides they should be finishing fulfillment of orders first-in for Baseball HoF coins before they start shipping the next products they are raking in profits from. It's not like they are hand crafting a Ferrari and quoting an understandable 2 year or longer waiting list, despite the Mint's quality claims that theirs are superior handcrafted items.

And PBGS utterly fails and flails in this era of direct marketing. An Amazon or Walmart type enterprise could probably mount a hostile corporate take over and help rectify a lot of the order fulfillment woes that upsets so many Mint customers following every single new coin release year after year. Oust PBGS and the Mint will take a lot less heat from its customer base.

10. krispy

krispy krispy

It's shocking in this era of digital inventory tracking that they have to pause to do this and can't report in real-time or darned near it. There's just no excuse for it. If the products are not ready to ship they shouldn't be putting them on sale. Past sales performance and adept reading of market trends should easily allow them to fore see the demand they'll need to supply for.

TopcatCoin likes this.
  11. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

Fewer and fewer production facilities work from on hand inventory. Even for basic items and advertised goods. It saves money for the facilities in storage costs, damaged goods, over runs, a need for tracking merchandise trends, etc.... all at the expense of the consumer in wait time. Years ago the military started an adage for recruits in training of "Hurry up and wait". It's in all form of government now.

12. McBlzr

McBlzr Sr Professional Collector

I just got email at 9pm, mine have been shipped.

13. dwhiz

mine shipped too

14. silverfool

silverfool Active Member

It doesn't matter to me if I get something in 5 days or 15 days. go on with your life and when it shows up you have it. no big deal.

15. Conder101

Conder101 Numismatist

You know you have a good idea there. Amazon handles the warehousing and shipping (order fulfillment) for many of their clients and they do a good job of it. they also handle the ordering. If the mint would just turn the stock over to Amazon and let them handle the ordering and shipping it would probably go a lot smoother. Only problem would be for those items where the mint only strike up part of the mintage ahead of time. Amazon may have problems getting the Mint to deliver product in a timely manner.

16. green18

Anybody know what kind of a security presence is currently in place at the present fulfillment center?

17. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

You thinking about dropping by and fulfilling your own order or what?

McBlzr and green18 like this.
  18. green18

No, I was just thinking that it might be a security nightmare for a place like Amazon. I assume they'd have to do background checks on all the employees, right? I know the mint has it's own police force. Would they deploy officers at an fulfillment center? Or would they contract with a local agency?

19. JPeace$

JPeace$ Coinaholic

I'm guessing they would contract with a local agency. Keep the costs down. No benies and no gov't pensions.

20. krispy

krispy krispy

I'm guessing they already have employee background checks at Amazon, and they certainly have secure facilities equipped to store merchandise of higher value.

Individual books regularly sell for as much as an ASE and plenty list for as much as a 1/10 AGE...

They handle sales of plenty of computers, electronics, video games, gaming systems, speakers, household products, and much more all within similar price-points of US Mint products.

The security issues are the same to protect any product, be it a collector coin or the latest Nintendo and PSP. They also do a great job of taking pre-orders, which is something the Mint's 'order window' on the Mint to demand scheme failed to manage. Come Christmas time, do you want to risk the Mint's choice of that old willy nilly order fulfillment firm PBGS to deliver on time or go with Amazon's guaranteed delivery, which they state and can deliver on time so long as you order before a given date they give you.

"I know the mint has it's own police force"

Yes, the Department of the Treasury is protected by the U.S. Secret Service.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  21. dwhiz

Woops wrong thread, still waiting for these any day now any day

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted