2014 NATIONAL BASEBALL HALL OF FAME CURVED PROOF

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by mintcollection, Mar 26, 2014.

1. The "2014 NATIONAL BASEBALL HALL OF FAME CURVED " coin will issue from the mint, For the proof gold coin the mint issue price is $420 . Recently I find some ebay seller pre-sale this gold proof coin price at $580 some even at $610 and they still had buyer to buy from them . All of them are US seller and all of them only ship to USA. So I have no idea why people in USA they don't want to buy directly from the mint at issue price, instead they purchase the coins from the private seller at higher price? Could anyone tell me why?
    Thanks

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Sure. Simply put, some folks haven't a clue as to what's going on and always get bilked out of their money.

Travlntiques likes this.
  4. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

A fool and his money are soon parted!

5. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

The Mint just issued a HH limit of:

50 each of the gold.
    100 each of the half dollars and silver dollars.

I'm passing on these which means they will sell out in 24 hours and be worth thousands.

ldhair, Travlntiques and TopcatCoin like this.
  6. treylxapi47

treylxapi47 Well-Known Member Dealer

Lol. I was just going to pick one silver version and buy that, and then I remembered the concave (or is it convex? I can never keep the two straight) design and thought about the effects of toning on that shape in the right places. I then decided I needed the 4 different silver and clad versions just to see what happens.

Toning in the right places on the ball will really make that coin standout and probably pull a nice premium for an appealing piece.

Plus it's just cool.

7. Travlntiques

Travlntiques Well-Known Member

Boo, only 50 gold!!! Why, everyone and their dog will spend the $21k needed to reach that limit :)
    This is definitely not the red hot rarity that it could be, but I've seen a few other people compare it to the 2001 Silver Buffalo. That coin had a 500,000 mintage, and the Baseball Silver Dollar will be less by 100k. The price went high on those Silver Buffs and if steroids hadn't of ruined baseball these could too. LOL Maybe.

8. berneck1

berneck1 Junior Member

50 hh limit for the gold and 100 for silver is too high. This just gives an advantage to dealers with deep pockets. If you ask me all new issues should start the first day or two with very low hh limits to give every collector a chance. Then based on the amount sold, it either gets slowly raised, or removed. 5 for gold and 25 for silver would give a reasonable chance for anyone to buy one.

9. wishingman42

wishingman42 Member

I am surprised they did not have a gold and silver set combo.

10. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

Because when the government outlaws private citizens to own precious metals, there will be no record. When you buy from the U.S. Govt. they keep records and can take it away at anytime.

11. green18

They're more likely to go after your IRA than your gold........... devil.gif

12. green18

Depends upon which side you're lookin' at......... devil.gif

13. bkozak33

bkozak33 Collector

They are going to take both eventually .

14. bdunnse

bdunnse Who dat?

What gage foil is your hat?

ldhair, Jwt708 and green18 like this.
  15. Blaubart

Blaubart Melt Value = 4.50

Retirement accounts are much more vulnerable for several reasons. If they wanted to, a government could:
    • Electronically seize funds with just a few keystrokes. (Cyprus)
    • Increase the age at which you can start drawing funds from your IRA.
    • Change the tax rules as they did with Social Security.
    • Change the tax rules as they pertain to inheritance of funds within an IRA.
    All that being said, I have a lot more money in my IRA than I have in precious metals. Precious metals are vulnerable for many other reasons, but at least in the case of government seizure, they would have to physically come and take them.

16. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

That will never happen.

17. Blaubart

Never say never.

Don't want to get too deep into politics, so I'll just say it's happened before...

18. 19Lyds

Yes. It happened before but then "gold" was the standard used for "money". That is no longer the case so in that sense, it will never happen again.

19. Blaubart

Think outside the US. We are not immune to the sort things that have happened in other countries.

20. 19Lyds

Meh! We're immune from all that stuff...........................at least that's what the general population believes but then, that has nothing to do with owning gold and silver.

As long as the "world" is NOT on a gold standard, there is simply no reason to confiscate gold. There will always be a "reason" to steal it, but confiscate with Federal Reserve Note renumeration, no since it is not considered "money" anymore than a Porche Carrera would be.

21. jaceravone

jaceravone Member

I was a non believer but this coin is hotter than the 2013 rev proof and prob hotter than the 01 buffalo. Don't be hating when u all miss out. I got to rub elbows with the us mint national marketing director. I got some interesting news. We are now on a first name basis. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted