2007p IDAHO 25c Extra eagle eye!

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by CallMeButter, Apr 14, 2014.

1. CallMeButter

CallMeButter Member

Haven't heard any talk about this well placed and shaped error. I have a less severe example too.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Umm.........I believe it is a hawk or kestrel.

It looks like either a plating issue or PMD. It's hard for me to tell when the coin has circulated so much.

Chris

4. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Come on Chris, plating issue? You know better. Have another cup of coffee, you'll be all right. :D

Looks like a die chip to me

CallMeButter likes this.
  5. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

I had my coffee at 4am, and the server spilled it. So, it's a plating issue or PMD!

Honestly, I'd need to see a better close-up before I think otherwise.

Chris

6. CallMeButter

CallMeButter Member

Ill be home at 430. Ill take more and hopefully better pics for ya chris. Ill try and locate the other less extreme coin as well. Its a die chip for sure and its a falcon.

7. CallMeButter

CallMeButter Member

A) Your coffee excuse for being presumptuous and negative has got to go. I see you pull that move a minimum once per week. Free advice: don't socialize til noon. B) For your 1st guess to be a plating issue and not a chip is very telling that you are into bursting bubbles for self gratification. It's absurd to go with plating on this while clear pics are the only way to tell or even guess on plating. Per usual, someone who took the time to photo a coin out of pure curiosity and love of the hobby who couldnt spend on a better grade dig scope, gets rebuffed for their efforts with a "need better pics" when 99% of the members who co-post on the same thread have zero issue. Free advice: have some perspective C) Most coins on this site are not AU let alone BU. This quarter is 7 yrs old and lightly circulated at best. Free Advice: dont post on coins pre-(insert this year). D) ive been polite to you in the short time ive been on Cointalk. You give an opinion rather prompt and sound knowledgeable at times. That said, ive had 3 members(1 moderator) give different classifications for what you insisted were common coins. I re-checked 9 rolls of quarters one night when Mike Diamond told me I had a keeper that you brushed off as "it's worth 25 cents". You know that we know it's worth 25 cents right? If so, then you have a superiority issue that, trust me, is not warranted. Free Advice: Read an article from this millennium. Finally, i'd hate to be the Denny's waitress who picked up an extra overnight that im sure out of exhaustion(4am is NOT an ok time to be awake) spilled your AARP discounted coffee. The 45 seconds it took her to go to the pot and painstakingly pour you another cup(may be part of your insomnia issue, the caffeine that is) understandably put you off so much so that you decided to go on Cointalk, find a post, and puke all over it.....again. Sorry, hadn't had my beer yet this afternoon. Here's those pics bud!
    Image246.jpg Image247.jpg Image248.jpg Image249.jpg
    And here's the other coin.
    Image250.jpg Image251.jpg Image252.jpg Image253.jpg

rascal and gunnovice09 like this.
  8. rickmp

rickmp Frequently flatulent.

Quarters are not plated by the mint!
    If it's a plating issue, the plating was added after it left the mint.
    I see no evidence of plating.

9. rascal

rascal Well-Known Member

This looks to be a small die chip .

10. ldhair

ldhair Clean Supporter

You need something stronger than a beer. All that because someone has a different opinion?

11. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

It's a die chip.

Draft saved Draft deleted