1922 Peace doubled edge reeding?

Discussion in 'Error Coins' started by silentnviolent, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Jral1

Jral1 Member

If that was true they wouldnt have such a profound fission line underneath them. Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. non_cents

non_cents Well-Known Member

No, and that's why I don't believe YOU.

4. Jral1

Jral1 Member

Each individual coin should get to speak for its self and tell their side of the story. Before grouping it in with the rest. A lot of these coins tell me this is what happened. I am sure there of other causes im just saying.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  5. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

;)you don't have to be jealous

rascal likes this.
  6. Jral1

Jral1 Member

There isnt that many people here that will spend the time it takes to think these out with you or me surly not with me it seems, or at all.

7. Jral1

Jral1 Member

So you can just make up or 'DISCOVER'' any strange thing on this year VAM coin it seems. Sounds like fun, not an investment unless its spectacular.

8. Jral1

Jral1 Member

so we might as well get along because i like the
    formating of this site.

9. non_cents

That's kind of what it sounds like you are doing.

The thing about error coins is, as desertgem pointed out in another thread, they all have a foundation in science/mechanics. The cause of just about every error known can be precisely explained. When something like a collar clash has been well-established for many years, it is believed to be true. But when someone comes along spouting off unfounded theories with no examples to support their proof, that goes against the work and study that the experts do to determine if a coin has a certain type of error.

Seriously dude...I'm not saying that thinking about all the details of striking a coin is a bad thing, but when you come to the forum, spread misinformation that could confuse new collectors, and argue with the people who have been doing this for a long time, it becomes an issue.

BUncirculated likes this.
  10. silentnviolent

silentnviolent accumulator--selling--make an offer I can't refuse

that is only going to happen if you stop making up explanations as to why your damaged coins are mint errors while real errors and varieties are no good. The purpose of this forum is to educate, not speculate. I am still awaiting the day when I can congratulate you for actually finding something.

non_cents likes this.
  11. Jral1

Jral1 Member

Thats how the best discoveries of all time were discovered they all started off as un founded theories based off of previous obsevation or the wisper from the Mar's people. Even the persons that develop good theories try to refine them and usually welcome any shared knowledge or questions that would help prove or even disprove the theories. Thats the fastest way they become fact. Thats also a part of the foundation of science. That tells me something about how you think.

''But when someone comes along spouting off unfounded theories with no examples to support their proof, that goes against the work and study that the experts do to determine if a coin has a certain type of error.''

Like E=instein-2 and some of the greatest scientist of all time. That statment is nothing but a discrace to the scientific process.

12. Jral1

Jral1 Member

E=inst' ein' squared! times two = WAO

13. non_cents

But Einstein had all these equations written out that explained the intricacies of how the universe works, and data collected at the time backed up his claim as proof. YOU have no proof of your theory to back up your claim. When we already have a modern explanation that makes perfect sense, when we know EXACTLY how the minting process works, a theory such as yours that has no proof to support it holds little water.

Your theories have been proven wrong time and time again. When will you learn to just stop making these things up (or trolling, I honestly can't tell anymore) and actually do some research yourself?

Either way, I'm done with this thread. My apologies to Silent. It's a very nice coin, and too bad that this otherwise educational thread had to turn sour...

BUncirculated and silentnviolent like this.
  14. Jral1

Jral1 Member

You dont know exactly how the minting process works or the range of possibilities of errors that can happen thats just one of my side dicoveries i have made here about you. There is plently of information about my coins and the effects on them and my coins seem to be really good examples if not some of the best from what i have seen. There is not many pictures on all of google images or bing so i wouldnt say that for sure but they are more interesting then most of the ones i have been able to find.

You just cant wait to open your own b&m coin shop one day cant you...

15. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Not even close.

This is a collar clash, which occurs when the obverse die, or hammer die, collided with the top of the collar, and scrapped along the working face.

BTW, what the frig is queezed?

16. non_cents

When you're feeling queazy...like I do after reading his theories. [​IMG]

BUncirculated likes this.
  17. Jral1

Jral1 Member

I dont believe that to be true. Believe what you want thats up to you.

You can spell check me all you want but im not paying you for it because im not accepting applications for spell checkers. Its simply a dropped letter if you cant figure that out what that word was intended to be i dont know what to say about you so i wont say nothing about you or your reasoning skills there was enough info there for the average person to comprehend what word that is supposed to be so....

18. Jral1

Jral1 Member

Seems to have fooled you though sorry about that.

19. Jral1

Jral1 Member

No its my numismatic term i coined for this effect ... Part of the proto rim was queezed off the planchet during strike and was compressed onto the next planchet.

20. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Jral1, I warned you about misinformation and making up your own unsubstantiated theories. Check your PM.

silentnviolent and non_cents like this.
  21. BUncirculated

BUncirculated Well-Known Member

Since Mike Diamonds, a well known numismatist and expert, believes that a collar clash is as I stated, since he's stated the same thing, I'll go with him over your rhetoric all day long.

So you have no idea what it is either? Just say so then, there's nothing wrong when you admit your short comings, but uhhh a word of advice, don't use words you don't know the meaning of ;)

So in addition to your quackery theories, you can't spell. Gotchya ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted