Exhibit: 1987 Constitution Silver Dollar Proof- Jan. 2008 by Cheryl Kubicko

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by cherylkubucko, Jan 1, 2009.

1. cherylkubucko

cherylkubucko Grandma Froggie

1987 Constitution Silver Dollar Proof

Obverse Sculpor-Engraver: Patrical Lewis Verani
    Description: A quill pen, a sheaf of parchment and the words " We the People."

[​IMG]

Reverse sculpor- Engraver-Patricia Lewis Verani
    Description: Cross-section of Americans from various periods representing contrasting lifestyles.

[​IMG]

Mint Mark S for San Francisco.Ca. The San Francisco Mint is a branch of the United States Mint, and was opened in 1854 to serve the gold mines of the California Gold Rush. It quickly outgrew its first building and moved into a new one in 1874. This building, the Old United States Mint also known affectionately as The Granite Lady, is one of the few that survived the great 1906 San Francisco earthquake. It served until 1937, when the present facility was opened.

LINK: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Francisco_Mint

Brief History of the Constitution
    During the Revolutionary War, the 13 colonies united to free themselves from England’s rule. After they won their freedom, they were glad they were no longer British, but they were not ready to unite. The states were very different from each other; however, they realized that in order to grow and prosper, they needed the other states. So, delegates from each state got together and a plan for unity was initially submitted to the Second Continental Congress on July 12, 1776. After much debate, on November 15, 1777, the states finally established a "firm league of friendship" that became known as the Articles of Confederation. The Articles, however, did not go into effect until March 1, 1781.
    Under the Articles of Confederation, each state remained independent, with a single vote, and there was no real power behind the central government. Within 2 years, it became obvious that the Articles of Confederation was weak – many people were in debt and states were printing money that was worthless. It was decided that the states should get together and fix the Articles and unite the states as one nation.

LINK: http://bensguide.gpo.gov/6-8/documents/constitution/background.html

[​IMG]

Map of the Thirteen original colonies

LINK: http://bensguide.gpo.gov/6-8/documents/constitution/background.html

[​IMG]

I used my Olympus Camera, Microsoft Picture it. Premium9, I posted links for more reading.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

That is VERY cool! Did you make this image?

[​IMG]

4. cherylkubucko

I traced out he (A quill pen, a sheaf of parchment and the words " We the People.")
    on the Obverse and traced out the People from the reverse. from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution I saved the Picture of the Constitution Paper from link above. I locked the picture and placed my cut outs on top and used the effect -transparecy to blend them in . Cheryl Learning.

5. cherylkubucko

forgot to tell you, In the program you can soften the edges to make them look better.

6. randygeki

randygeki Coin Collector

7. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

That section alone is worthy. Nice work on the graphic arts!

8. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

9. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

10. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Doing the "Time Warp" again ????

11. mrbrklyn

mrbrklyn New Member

Lots of new people and I thought that some of these might be worth reading. Apologies if I'm annoying you.

12. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

Not necessary since you are doing it for a reason. I do get "concerned" about those answering a 3 yr. old thread and not realizing it.:)

Draft saved Draft deleted