Your Extremely Photogenic Coins

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Cazkaboom, Jul 15, 2013.

1. robec

robec Junior Member

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. robec

robec Junior Member

4. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

2013 rainbow ;)

robec likes this.
  5. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

Way too many fake rainbows for my taste. Let me add two nice round natural objects we can glance at for a bit...:p

10groszy1840.jpg 10groszy1840(2).jpg

jello likes this.
  6. robec

robec Junior Member

What do you mean fake rainbow?? :eek:
    The ASE shows how it can tone "naturally" when you put it in a container with wooden matches for about 4-6 months. :cool:

7. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

Well I think Paul -> took over the helm. Paul the  Movie.jpg <^>

8. torontokuba

torontokuba Thread Crapper & Hijacker, TP please.

Must be a chemical reaction with the wood. Good quality silver.;)

jello likes this.
  9. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Here are a smattering of Civil War Patriotics and Storecards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. EyeEatWheaties

EyeEatWheaties Cent Hoarder

Cheeetah that is one very mind blowing set. Very nice... It appears to me, most certainly museum quality. Amazing... Could we get the story be hind this collecction?

Looks like all 1863 NYC. Did you put these together?. The quality variety is amazing.. yet to then narrow it down and to tie them together to very historic time in New York City none the less.,

Also interesting is that there seems to be a high incidence of cracked dies? Collectors often talk of wondering where a particular coin had been, and what it had seen its travels. each one of these probably could write a book. Really neat. How many more are out there are you chasing .

I would throw on some more superlatives. last one. WOW!

edit . keep going back to look... segars lol... reallly? thats how it was spelled?

TIF likes this.
  11. mackwork

mackwork Caretaker of old coins & currency

Those die cracks and that die clash on the Broas Pie Baker are really interesting!

12. TIF

TIF Always learning.

Cheetah-- WOW! Fantastic set.

13. John Anthony

John Anthony Ultracrepidarian

Wow, Cheetah. Fantastic!

14. EyeEatWheaties

Hey Cheetah , might be a bit pushy on my part. But would you mind starting a new thread about those often unappreciated collectibles. I know that I got a zillion questions. I really am quite taken with that set and would love to know a volume more info .

Thank you in advance for considering

15. CheetahCats

CheetahCats Colonial & Early American

Thanks for the kind comments folks. I appreciate it. :)

As to EyeEatWheaties' questions, I've been pursuing pre-20th century storecard and trade tokens for years. Those pictured above are Civil War tokens, and are part of a larger collection in my cabinet.

For those who are interested, here is a link to an article which introduces folks to Civil War tokens, their history, and the genesis for why they came into existence.

And for those who would like to explore more about the general topic of storecards and private tokens, here is a link to my page which discusses books on the topic, including books about Civil War tokens.

In the meantime, here are a few more specimens from my cabinet per the OP's topic, that span the commonly defined numismatic eras during the 19th century:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

TIF and John Anthony like this.
  16. EyeEatWheaties

of the VDBs imaged and accessible, this one is the most photogenic IMO The graduated tones in the fields accent or highlight the brighter outlined bust making for a very attractive presentation on and above any of my wild toners

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted