World Coins: Your Newest Acquisition!

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by petro89, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Zohar444

Zohar444 Member

Nice Taler GypsyTears!
    Heritage indeed had a nice selection of Austro-Hungarian Talers, some in MS-64 and 65 grades. I went after some evasive Habsburg Taler types missing from my set, two being from the scarcer Graz mint. All have the original skins on them along with sharp details. Overall, Talers drew very strong prices (I believe values for MS grades have doubled in the past few years) which left me licking my wounds and out of commission in the short term. Nevertheless, I am very pleased !

Archduke Ferdinand Karl 2 Taler ND (1646) Hall. Dav-3363, AU58 NGC. Very attractive design and variety with the lion's head on the shoulder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ferdinand III Taler 1638 Graz Mint. Dav-3185, MS63 NGC, silvery-gray and gold patina with strong details. Very scarce grade for this series.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leopold the Hogmouth Taler 1698 Graz Mint. Dav-3235, MS63 NGC. I liked the colors and design on this one with aged patina and sharply struck details. The edge clipping (Zainede) is a bit distracting yet the overall look of this one is quite attractive for the set.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

I was also looking at that 1698 Graz mint thaler Zo the color on it is awesome! Nice pickup!!!

4. brg5658

brg5658 Supporter! Supporter

This one came in the mail today and I just finished shooting some pics. It has booming luster, great detail, and some nice toning on the reverse. I'm very happy with it!

1828_MS64_Hannover_16GG_large_composite.jpg

5. petro89

petro89 Member

Awesome posts folks!

6. Zohar444

Zohar444 Member

I really like the 16 Groschen piece. Very nice.

7. Collector1966

Collector1966 Senior Member

I got this teeny tiny gold token for about $11 the other day. It is 22K and weighs .54 gram, so the gold content should be .495 gram. I bought several of these as a kid for $2.25 each, but I don't know what happened to them. At any rate, even this tiny bit of gold is worth nearly $30 at today's prices!

Attached Files:

8. au and ms coins

au and ms coins Junior Member

Why is the top coin in an NGC large holder thing?

9. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

Here's my 1815 L (for Louis) decime. Still looking for the 1815 N companion piece.

Attached Files:

10. Collector1966

You mean, this?

Attached Files:

11. ffrickey

ffrickey Junior Member

That's it! History kept the Strasbourg mintmasters busy that year.

12. brg5658

Been looking for one of these without an inflated price tag for about 6 months. Finally picked one up this week.

1946_Luxembourg_MS64_50F.jpg

13. Mat

Mat Ancient Coincoholic

^thats sweet.

14. moneyer12

moneyer12 i just love UK coins.......

just bought a 1997 hong kong proof set for £10.........absolute bargain.

15. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

[​IMG]:thumb::thumb:

Look more like a MS-66 to me ,but Gemmy for sure!!!!!
    :bow::kewl:

16. jello

jello Not Expert★NormL®

17. rexesq

rexesq Senior Member

Canadian Silver

Great stuff everyone!

moneyer12 : Killer deal on the HK Proof set!! got any pics? I was in Hong Kong just earlier this year, brought back a bit of change, but I go fairly often so I already have quite a bit of the modern stuff... always liked the coinage..... the old and newer ones, I think the scalloped edge 2 dollar coin is pretty cool.... I took one of them (Hong Kong 2 Dollar coin) out shooting with me last time I went, a nice small target. I went and put a hole right through it with my 7.62 x 39mm Kalashnikov, didnt bend it or anything, just a nice clean hole right through, some of the copper from the Full Metal Jacketed bullet has fused or scraped off around the hole when the round went through the metal..... makes for a cool 'souvenier' or keepsake....I'll have to take some pics...

-------
    Yes I love the 1967 Canadian goose dollar, one of my favorite designs and quite beautifully struck on some examples.... I love the deep prooflike Canadian coins, like on this first one, it is is a 1966 Half Dollar... the first two photos that is.

My favorite Canada Dollar is the 1935 one year type, with the different obv portrait and titles of George V, celebrating his 25 years as King. Here is my example, third pic down.

The fourth pic is a nice P/L Canada Dollar from 1964. The last pic is the reverse of one of my nicer looking 1867 - 1967 Royal Canadian Mint Sets. I have many many more examples of nice P/L Canadian coins of this era, but alas, can only post 5 pics, plus I don't want to fill this thread with too many of my coins ;)

Attached Files:

18. Collector1966

1915 French 1 franc

Attached Files:

19. Collect89

Collect89 Coin Collector

Cool Design

I got a similar (raw) Luxembourg coin last week. Mine is a 20 Franc coin and your coin is the larger 50 Franc coin. This 20 Franc contains about .22 ounces of silver.

Attached Files:

20. brg5658

That is a stunningly toned Luxie. VERY nice pick up Collect89!! :thumb:

21. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Picked up a 1925B 5 Francs Swiss @ Whitman yesterday

Draft saved Draft deleted