Why Lincoln faces to the right on the cent

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Stujoe, Oct 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stujoe

Stujoe New Member

I finished this little article on the my website yesterday and posted it to rcc.

Dead Link Removed

My group of editors there didn't tear it apart :) so I thought I would share it here too.

I thought the information was kind of neat. Of course, I am obviously easily amused. :)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Chrysta Wilson

Chrysta Wilson New Member

Ya know, if you ever want any kind of editorial suggestions or assistance, you've got an English teacher right here ready with her red pen! :)

4. chrisfuccione

chrisfuccione Member

Great piece! chris

5. Stujoe

Stujoe New Member

Chris: Thanks!

Chrysta: Funny you should say that...I know you are about 10 years younger than I am but when I post an article like that I think of you as a gray haired lady ready to slap my knuckles with a ruler! :D

6. kaparthy

kaparthy Well-Known Member

Facing the Future

Nice piece of work, there! Excellent research and a good job of taking the reader along the path of the story to its conclusion. Terrific historical support with the plaque and photo.

The NUMISMATIST is changing its format in January. When it comes out, see if this piece fits and send it along. Central States CENTinel pays for articles, also, by the way, so does the MichMatist and many people in the midwest belong to MSNS just because it is a focal point.

Thanks again for sharing this with the group.

7. Stujoe

Stujoe New Member

Thanks Michael!

As a side note: Soon after I finished posting it, I found this picture

Dead Link Removed

So, as you can see from that picture, which was taken by Berger on the same day as the one that led to the Lincoln cent, it turns out that both the Lincoln cent and the $5 bill (older style) were actually born on the very same day in 1864.

8. elaine 1970

elaine 1970 material girl

why?.

because he was tired facing on the left side too long.....

9. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

So everyone else can stare at him for being on the lowly cent.

10. rld14

rld14 Custom User Title

Because he was a Republican?

11. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Well, it seems that Stujoe doesn't even own that domain anymore, looks like he let the domain expire and a squatter registered it so I'm going to go ahead and remove the links and close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.