Who's buying one....

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by phankins11, Aug 5, 2015.

1. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

So if I had a mural of various aircraft behind my desk the janitor and mail person might think me a pilot?.........or trucks.......they might think me a truck driver? devil.gif

phankins11 likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. spenser

spenser Active Member

Since when has anyone breaking in your house is looking for a plane or truck?

4. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

You don't know my neighborhood........

dwhiz, saltysam-1 and phankins11 like this.
  5. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

I wish I had a janitor; and why would the mail person be in my house?

6. phankins11

phankins11 Well-Known Member

My wife displays this poster in our front living room, certainly hope we don't get broke into by someone thinking we have a super high end butterfly collection. Not even any toners in it! :smuggrin::D

IMG_20150817_223058557_HDR.jpg

dwhiz likes this.
  7. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

No, but the caterpillars may come to visit their mom.

Daniel Jones and phankins11 like this.
  8. spenser

spenser Active Member

Do what you want. Im not going to advertise.

9. michael rae

michael rae New Member

10. fish4uinmd

fish4uinmd Well-Known Member

11. icollectoldmoney

icollectoldmoney ANA Member:3192499

Did they even have them at the ANA in chicago

12. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

PCGS made a mistake when claiming this poster contains 121 coins made for circulation when the $4 Stella's were just experimental coins, not circulation coins.

13. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

I have absolutely no interest in acquiring one of these. None.

Coinchemistry 2012 likes this.
  14. saltysam-1

saltysam-1 Junior Member

I agree. I have much more important things hanging already. However, it is an okay item for someone first getting into the hobby.

15. Daniel Jones

Daniel Jones Well-Known Member

Personally, I prefer the actual periodic table of elements, of which, I have a very nice poster on display, additionally to having attractive, actual element samples of all 81 stable elements.

NeonBlurb likes this.
  16. ReaperRuler

ReaperRuler Resident Numismatist

While I dont feel like paying 20 dollars for this periodic table of coins, I have it on my wishlist on amazon and may purchase it someday.... I dont see me making it to a major coin show within the foreseeable future, so I cant get a free one unfortunately :shifty:

17. miedbe7

miedbe7 Wayward Collector

I personally can't wait for Metallium to make a bi-transactinide coin out of Darmstadtium and Roentgenium. I wonder where it'd rank on the URS with half-lives of 10 and 26 seconds respectively. :)

NeonBlurb and Daniel Jones like this.
  18. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

They had them available for free at the ANA World's Fair of Money, and I picked one up. It is very cool and a conversation piece and great for the future basement "mancave."

phankins11 likes this.
  19. Chiefbullsit

Chiefbullsit CRAZY HORSE

With the prices PCGS charges on grading they ought to give each member one.

dwhiz and Coinchemistry 2012 like this.
  20. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

Yeah I agree, I'm not getting one either. Nice looking poster but it's just not me, besides I don't want to advertise for PCGS. Also, I don't want everyone who walks into my house to know I collect coins. If Daniel Carr made one I might get one but not PCGS or NGC. I'm very picky about who I advertise for and I'm not gonna advertise for a company who charges way too much for a simple grading of a coin.

NeonBlurb likes this.
  21. Dimedude2

Dimedude2 Member

I am surprised by the negativity of this project. I think it is excellent that they there is an interesting reference that can promote numismatics. Creative activities like this provide discussion and bring in more enthusiasts, which is a critical need.

phankins11, Daniel Jones and ldhair like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted