Where are the Euros?

Discussion in 'World Coins' started by Tendermen, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Tendermen

Tendermen New Member

I'm hoping to find some other people interested in the Euros. Any other Euro collectors?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. flacoins

flacoins New Member

Had a Vatican Set - sold it on eBay- Wished I had held onto it a little longer though ! See hat they are going for 1000+ now! At least I'm on heir mailing list now and I've got my order in for the proof ses - no charge to my card yet though-

4. Chrysta Wilson

Chrysta Wilson New Member

I would like to get on their mailing list, but it seems the people who know are not telling. :? (Or at least are pretty vague in their instructions.) I'm not sure I would tell either...

5. flacoins

flacoins New Member

Well since you are an RCC regular, emailme and I'll send you he address fax # etc that you will need :wink:

6. Chrysta Wilson

Chrysta Wilson New Member

Thanks Flacoins! Got your e-mail! :D

7. coinman

coinman New Member

A partner of mine who's Finnish and lives in Stocholm, Sweden and Helsinki, Finland was in Rome last week just to try and buy a proof set... Well ditribution of the sets was canceled and he didn't get a chance to buy any..... he complaint to a Mons. X there and met him in person. He gave my partner the impression the Vatican does not give a damn about their web-site nor care to inform people of their acts BUT..... handed my friend and signed it too a proof set and a silver commemorative coin too!!!!!!

Hmmmm sold out????? TO WHOM?????

8. mbbiker

mbbiker New Member

I live in wisconsin and got a 1 euro cent in change today

9. coinman

coinman New Member

Well... which country??

10. mbbiker

mbbiker New Member

sorry, USA Sheboygan, Wisconsin It's near one of the great lakes

11. coinman

coinman New Member

Sorry.... I was asking "which country is the 1 cent coin you found from!"....

12. mbbiker

mbbiker New Member

opps, :lol: it's from the Netherlands

13. snowzone

snowzone New Member

i'm collecting euro's from the countries i lived in: germany, france, belgium, and the netherlands.

i'm still looking for a definitive guide on euro's. even though i'm canadian, i'm a big fan of the euro's.

my all time favorite coin is a toss up between the candian 50cent piece and any coin from the german-states era...

14. JonySky

JonySky Senior Member

euros

I have a Euro Currency Specimen set, and a handful of small coins from various countrys. You can get currency and any currency exchange. I got some at PDX airport. But I like the older national coins and currency better. JonySky

15. crystalk64

crystalk64 Knight of the Coin Table

Tendermen, I am an avid Euro collector living in Indiana so having connections in Europe has really helped. Have filled 5 or 6 Dansco Deluxe Albums with uncirculated Euros and quickly moved on to the commemorative silver euros. This is a much tougher area as many of the euro countries charge outrageous prices for their silver coins while others sell for only face value, which I like a lot. Also collecting the circulating $2 commemorative euros but again, that can be tough as well. Always willing to trade or sell off any extras I get as I NEVER turn anything down that is offered to me from my friends in Europe. Have a couple of extra Finland proof silver commemoratives here now from 2002 I believe? Feel free to email anytime concerning the euro!!!

16. Aidan Work

Aidan Work New Member

I have also got some Euro coins in my collection.As I am a collector of British Commonwealth coins,it is the Euro coins & notes from Ireland that really interest me.The Irish Euro notes have the letter 'T' at the start of the serial numbers on the back of
    the notes.I have got a 5 Euro & a 10 Euro dated 2002 with the signature of the late Wim Duisenberg.

Aidan.

17. JonySky

JonySky Senior Member

Buying Euros

I just orders some sets of Euros from this company,

http://www.fleur-de-coin.com/.

I'll post when they arrive and let folks know about their delivery time and quality. JonySky

18. Mikjo0

Mikjo0 Numismatist

I picked up one of those 96 coin Euro sets when they first came out and am waiting for the coins of the new EU members to be minted..I hear it'll be 2007 though..anyone know?

19. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

No definite date has been provided so far. It seems that Estonia is (one of) the first "new" member states that will introduce the euro:
    http://www.cointalk.org/showpost.php?p=70085&postcount=28

The Lituanian and Slovenian currencies joined ERM-II at the same time, so these three countries may start issuing euro coins in Jan-2007. (Another "candidate" is Andorra, but that would be based on a monetary agreement similar to the ones the EU has with Monaco, etc.) In any case, it is a little early for a precise forecast. :rolleyes:

"PS" - Here is some more info, this time from the Maltese perspective. For that country, 2008 would be the earliest possible date:
    http://mfin.gov.mt/page.aspx?site=NECC&page=euroadoption

Christian

20. kvasir

kvasir Show me the Money**

I'm Canadian and I despise the Euro. :D

It means I no longer have the chance to collect distinctive national coinage when I visit (i've never been to europe). I know that each country has their own design on the obverse (or is it reverse in this case?) but it's not the same. I've received a whole set of Germany circulated in the mail from a friend few weeks ago. I want to collect all countries though.

21. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

When the routine border checks in the Continental EU ended a couple of years ago, some tourists from overseas had similar complaints: "Oh, that was so quaint". Maybe we should build some Old Europe Theme Park somewhere ... :p

Actually, since we have a currency union, there is no practical need for having coins with country specific sides (I think that is the obverse but "country specific" or "national" side is a common term). As a coin collector, I want them though :)

Besides, you can always limit your visit(s) to Europe to those countries that do not share a currency with any other country. There is no need to rush, hehe.

Christian

Draft saved Draft deleted