WENT TO THE BANK TODAY.....WOW

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by SmokinJoe, Jun 25, 2021.

1. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

A small gift card from a coffee shop would work! You did really well! :D

SmokinJoe, yakpoo and Copper lover like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

If I were a bank manager, I would have a policy against accepting anything of value from a customer...and especially any type of consumable. It opens up a Pandora's Box that doesn't need opening.

I know..."Bah Humbug", right? :mad:

4. manny9655

manny9655 Well-Known Member

As long as the container is sealed, what's the problem? It's a show of appreciation. The tellers don't have to do what they did.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  5. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I don't disagree that the tellers did something nice, but niceness is its own reward. From a banking "OPSEC" (operational security) perspective, it's not a good idea for employees to accept emoluments of any kind.

Cliff Reuter likes this.
  6. SmokinJoe

SmokinJoe Well-Known Member

Oooohhhh.....So that's what it is. Thanks yakpoo!!

yakpoo likes this.
  7. SmokinJoe

I'm gonna get her a thank you card and a box of yummy donuts....If she doesn't take it,:stop: I will eat them on my way home...BURP.....:cool:

kountryken and yakpoo like this.
  8. yakpoo

yakpoo Member

I'm sure she will appreciate the gesture. Just don't take it personally if she respectively declines. :)

SmokinJoe likes this.
  9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

I wouldn't use that bank for my dump. LOL
    Nice. Flowers would be nice, but as mentioned, many banks have a policy of not allowing their employees to accept any type of gifts. I gave a nice young teller a Buffalo nickel as she had never seen one and the next time I came in, she gave it back to me, saying her boss wouldn't let her keep it, or any gift.

SmokinJoe and yakpoo like this.
  10. Dean 295

Dean 295 D.O.M.

So I went to the bank and got my usual supply of $5.00 in Pennies. I found 35 Wheats, 1 1943 cent, 2Canadian cents, and a 1960 D penny have to check it to see if its a small or large date. Not too bad for this haul.

11. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

I'd give her something, even if it's a gift card from Walmart.

SmokinJoe likes this.
  12. sel w

sel w Active Member

a gift card to nice restaurant :shame: happy happy

SmokinJoe likes this.
  13. SmokinJoe

Wow.....A nickel....I understand why they don't want their cashiers to get too involved with customers.....But shoot, have a talk with her and tell her don't ever do that again...But let her keep the friggin nickel.

14. SmokinJoe

Wow....That sure was a lucky trip to the bank for you!! 35 wheats!!!

15. Jim Dale

Jim Dale Well-Known Member

I got a degree in accounting and when I started to work, I was on an audit team, auditing a bank. One of my assignments was to observe the tellers. During one of my audits, I saw a teller took some money out of her purse and put it in her cash drawer. I told my superviser and was told to watch the teller for a couple more days. The very next day, I saw the teller take some money from the drawer and put it in her purse. Over the rest of the week I watch her ballet of putting money in the drawer from her purse or taking money from her drawer and put it in her purse. The audit team does not contact employees. We wrote up the song and dance of the past week and reported to the Bank Manager. The Bank Manager called the teller to come to his office. When she arrived, I could tell she was terrified. When confronted with the events of the past week, she told the Bank Manager that she needed her job, especially for the insurance for a child that had down syndrome. She further stated that she knew how significant an over/short drawer would be for her job and she was afraid of losing it. I grew to really like the Bank Manager. He told her that he was going to put her on a training program to help her skills as a teller. He told her that he felt he was partially responsible for her actions and not to worry about her job. As a follow up about a year later, we met with the Bank Manager and we asked him how she was doing. He told us that she was now a training teller to help new hires.
    I believe if this had happened to any other Bank Manager, the teller would not only be terminated, but legal action could have been taken.
    The reason I am telling you this is that the tellers have to follow procedures because of the appearance. Think about what could happen to your teller should their actions be reported, even if they look like good customer relations.

Cliff Reuter and SmokinJoe like this.
  16. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

Thats worth a box of donuts and box of Joe for the staff. Way to go Smokin Joe!

SmokinJoe likes this.
  17. Cliff Reuter

Cliff Reuter Well-Known Member

Yakpoo and JimDale bring up very important points most of us don't have to consider.
    The way to thank her is to not put her in a possibly compromising situation by giving a gift to her personally. She sounds like a person of integrity and what she would probably accept is a gift to the whole bank. Maybe an edible arrangement?

I had a remodeling customer ask about thanking a person in the local building department for their assistance. I suggested the edible arrangement and it went over very well with the BD because some people try to avoid pastries and think of the fruit as a healthy alternative.

EDIT: Great bank with superior public relations after that. Congrats on the score.

18. Dynoking

Dynoking Well-Known Member

You have a great point. How about a box of donuts and coffee for the entire staff

Cliff Reuter likes this.
  19. Southernman189

Southernman189 Well-Known Member

gotta think of the diabetics in the bank. Perhaps a fruit selection wouldn't leave anyone out.

20. kountryken

kountryken Well-Known Member

I was doing this at my bank, 2 rolls of quarters, search them, wrap them and swap them. I was getting "looks" from the teller as if she wasn't thrilled with my actions. She's really a nice person, but... I live in a small town, have to do business with this bank as it is the only nation wide bank and I travel a lot, so it is necessary to have access to "my" bank when out of area. All the other banks are local banks. So, I'm going to open a basic account in a local bank and try swapping rolls from them? I don't know if it's the same all over (expect it is?), but here, banks will not do any business with you if you don't have an account with that bank. I guess I understand that, but??? So, you are extremely blessed with your bank relationship. I would make sure it was legally, and tastefully done, but would certainly let them know my appreciation for their support of my coin hunt.

21. rte

rte Well-Known Member

You should have asked her which car in the parking lot should you leave it on.

Jim Dale likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted