Tough One Here, (Grade Guess)

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bonedigger, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Here is my last one for the evening. This is a graded 78 Morgan and it might surprise you too. Guess the grade :D

Bone

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Well Bone I'm going to make an assumption based on this pic as compared to your other pics. In this pic the coin seems to have reduced luster remaining, because of that I think it was dipped one too many times and that causes me to lower my grade estimate. As a result I'm gonna say MS62. If it had better luster - I'd say 64.

4. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

OK, marked it 64. "Next"

Bone

5. GDJMSP

LOL !! Now Bone you wouldn't be trying to pull one on me would ya ? Like taking a pic to make the luster look flat just to see what I'd say ? Nahhhhhhhhh - you wouldn't do that :D

6. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

This was graded by NTC so don't go by their grade Bone...they might have put MS68!

Speedy

7. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

NOPE, this is another one of the graded coins I got already graded at grades I thougtht were WAY off. :D

Here is the answer.

Attached Files:

8. GDJMSP

Hmmmmm - now that was a surprise. If the coin has wear - I can't see it in the pic :confused:

9. walterallen

walterallen Coin Collector

Don't Trust Numistrust

Outside of SGS, NTC has to the weenies of the week. Our club has identified several if not every NTC graded coin to be a joke. To say the least they are trouble for the new collector. If your not careful you could be take to the financial cleaners by purchasing NTC slabbed coins. Bone you seem like a decent fellow, and you have some very nice coins. I wish you luck in dealing with these second rate graders. Just the same I enjoy your threads. Thanks.

10. Bonedigger

Bonedigger New Member

Good Lord Guys, I only have about 15 graded coins total. I'm not a big time dealer and have NEVER sold a coin. I just collect them. I just buy the coin that looks the best. I have cracked a few out even a $20 dollar gold piece out of a PCGS holder, LOL. long "wild turkey" story there...

Near about's all of my stuff is RAW and in the XF-63 range. You name it I probably have some.

Bone

11. Beautiful Coins

Beautiful Coins Bring Joy To Life**

My two cents on NTC or PCI coins...

If you look hard you can find undergraded coins by these companies and because they are the bottom of the rung, you can usually pick them up cheap due to lack of interest.

I just broke out a 1996W Roosevelt (Cost $16) which was graded MS64 because it's an MS66 if'n I ever saw one. :)

12. cwtokenman

cwtokenman Coin Hoarder

Bone, any Chuck E. Cheese tokens?

Draft saved Draft deleted