The CoinTalk short snorter of members 1923 $1 Silver Certificate

Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Bedford, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

Here is my idea - I am going to donate a well circulated 1923 $1 silver certificate to Coin Talk community. Why I say community is because I hope that many of us will have a part in the note. My plan is to send the note to the 1st person that responds in this thread & agrees to sign the note & cover its safe postage to the next member & so on & so forth to next.

I would like this note to run though members until the end of February or if it gets filled up before that.I think that would give it enough time to make it through at least 25 members.Around that time I would like for it to be returned to me so I can photograph it & then I will put it up for sale here on the board to the highest silent bidder. All the funds from the note would go to Peter & Coin Talk to help support the site.

I am doing this with all the hopes that the people who post in thread & want to participate do it with good intent .

I think this will be a fun & neat thing to be a part of & help this great site as well.

Please keep the signature size to a natural minimum so that as many members that want to can participate.
    I guess sign with your CT username or real name or both, what ever you want. (names only please)

MODS - please chime in if you see any problems with this.

So who wants to do this ? Anyone ? I dont want to sign the note if there are not any responses ;)

Once we get a few responses I'll sign It & post the picture of it.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. valente151

valente151 Mr. AU64, Jr.

4. Detecto92

Detecto92 Well-Known Member

5. lonegunlawyer

lonegunlawyer Numismatist Esq.

I can go third. Detecto knows my address. :)

6. Duke Kavanaugh

Duke Kavanaugh The Big Coin Hunter

I would suggest if this goes thru, that it be set at a dealers table at the big shows coming up if you really want to get signatures.
    Money show and Fun alone at say The Penny Lady's table would get tons of signatures.

7. desertgem

desertgem Senior Errer Collecktor

I would suggest before you start it, to lay down the rules and responsibilities. You said what you were going to do, but are they for the participants. Such as how it should be postaged from one person to another ( just a regular #10 envelope or one with cardboard inserts. How long may each person take to relay it on to the next. What happens if it ls lost in the mail half way through? It might be good to begin a new thread when started, with each participant adding a photo when they sign and get ready to mail on. Can members outside of the USPS participate, and how should it be shipped to them ( they need to realize international rate). Otherwise it sounds like a nice project.

Jim

8. wooleytree

wooleytree Operation Flamingo

Send it to Texas! I'll sign it and send it on!

9. petro89

petro89 Member

Count me in!

10. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

I am in if someone will send it to Chile. I will cover international cost for sending. I suggest scan and post after each signature so we can keep track of it around the world.

11. Manbeast

Manbeast Collector

I like the idea! Count me in!

12. wd40

wd40 Member

I think it is a nice Idea, but I think international shipping outside the Americas will be difficult because regular mail takes up to 6 weeks each way.

13. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Heck dang! Shades of WWII......count my tookus in........:devil:

14. kookoox10

kookoox10 ANA #3168546

Sounds like a really cool idea, I'm in!
    I think short snorters are cool!
    1935NAfricaShortSnort_opt.jpg

15. Blissskr

Blissskr Well-Known Member

You can count me in as well sounds like a fun and community building type affair.

16. iGradeMS70

iGradeMS70 AKA BustHalfBrian

Neat idea... :) I'll play along.

17. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

OK her is the note . Like I said it is well circulated.

The note has a value of only $15 to me so there is no need to treat it as a valuable piece.
    This project should be just like sending a letter to a friend & I dont have much worry about it getting lost .
    I will be sending it in a regular plain envelope .Regular 1st class mail with a forever stamp. The note will be in a plastic sleeve and with a piece of paper wrapped around it.

I dont feel that delivery confirmation is nessesary but the shipping method the next person uses is up to them. I would like for the members who do this to get the note sent out to the next person withing a day or two just to keep it moving .

As for foreign members I feel that the costs & time it may take would be too much & too long. I appreciate your wanting to be involved though.

So when you get the note sign it ,snap a pic & get it back on the road to the next person. Have fun & lets see how far this sucker can travel around the sates & how many names we can get.

valente151 - I'll be PM'ing you in a moment for your address.

Attached Files:

18. BostonCoins

BostonCoins Well-Known Member

I'd love to be a part of this one!

19. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

20. d.t.menace

d.t.menace Member

I don't think my John Hancock will add any extra value but I'm in.

21. RiverGuy

RiverGuy Tired and Retired

I like the idea, count me in!

Draft saved Draft deleted