Souvenir cards

Discussion in 'Paper Money' started by krispy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

I still have some old souvenir cards, mainly USPS and UN and a few others, that I have never been able to sell. Would love to do a package deal with someone and get rid of them if anyone is interested.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. gsalexan

gsalexan Intaglio aficionado

Sadly, the USPS and UN cards have really dropped off in price. These were printed in such huge quantities that they now represent a vast oversupply and very little demand. To be honest, the Souvenir Card Collectors Society gives away the USPS cards to young collectors at stamp shows we attend, as a way to build interest.

4. gsalexan

Just an fyi: We recently did a major upload of images to the Forerunner (F) gallery. http://www.souvenircards.org/html/gallery_F.html
    These are primarily cards produced by the Plate Printers Union and they showcase some spectacular examples of the engraver's art.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. mpcusa

mpcusa "Official C.T. TROLL SWEEPER"

6. keemao

keemao Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I know I can't sell them on ebay. Would consider donating so you could give them away.

7. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

I would think those would be quite marketable on eBay.

Z
    Z

8. gsalexan

I'll send you a PM.

If you search the Stamps category for souvenir cards you will find hundreds of listings. But check the Sold listings and there are very few being purchased.

Draft saved Draft deleted