Server Move - Please post in this thread if you encounter any problems

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by admin, Aug 7, 2008.

1. admin

admin Administrator Moderator

Hi Folks,

CoinTalk has moved to a new dedicated server.

If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please post in this thread so we can get it sorted out.

Thanks!

Update - the gallery is now fixed.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. green18

green18 Unknown member Sweet on Commemorative Coins Supporter

Thank goodness the site is back up...I was having withdrawls...

4. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

i have a cure i am selling ordinary wheaties for 10k once you buy 4 or 5 you will never look at coins again

5. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

WOW---I go to a job and meeting that I had on tap and get back to find that CT had moved smoothly!

Speedy

6. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Ya gotta love it when a plan comes together ;)

7. silvereagle82

silvereagle82 World Gold Collector

Doug,
    The server move cured my inabiity to visit the site on my home computer (at night):hail::hail::hail:

8. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

Dang - knew I forgot something :D

9. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

lol. whats worse the real benefit after the move was that was going to be a super mod (someone to watch GD and only GD) but looks like we are missing that feature

10. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Hammer at the Ready Moderator

Seems like everything is working nicely.... it's also on a more muscular server and I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing any improvement?

11. snaz

snaz Registry fever

no improvement here, woulda never noticed anything changed. when I read the post there wernt any replies yet so I was going to report it as spam cause the "ADMIN" only had 1 post

12. CamaroDMD

CamaroDMD [Insert Clever Title] Supporter

I personally don't see any improvement...but the site seemed to run fine before hand. If there was any down time, it must have been while I was at work and thankfully I didn't have to do without CT.

13. spock1k

spock1k King of Hearts

yes on posts with a lot of pics ;) the pages load faster. do we have an HA compenent built into this server i am a little addicted

14. Peter T Davis

I think the biggest difference is that we're now running four fast scsi hard drives on a raid 10. It might show the most during the busy times, not early morning like this.

15. chrisild

chrisild Coin Collector

16. tanstaafl4y

tanstaafl4y New Member

It took about 24 hours for me to get redirected...I'm guessing that was a DNS TTL issue rather than a forum issue.

17. Speedy

Speedy Researching Coins Supporter

Yeah---they will tell you that it can take up to 72hr's for the DNS to totally clear and reset---but alot of the time it is alot shorter than that.

Speedy

18. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

site downages

I was unable to connect tot he site last night or this morning, but had 100% success when the server was moved... was the outage last night widespread, or another issolated incident realting to updating DNS 'stuff'?

19. andycook

andycook Supporter**

I think the dedicated server was cheating on us.

20. Peter T Davis

Was a DNS issue, the bane of all webmasters. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it should be smooth sailing henceforth.

21. Daggarjon

Daggarjon Supporter**

Draft saved Draft deleted