Discussion in 'Coin Chat' started by Kirkuleez, Oct 22, 2016.
Log in or Sign up to hide this ad.
Did you go to Fort?
No, I grew up across the river in Troutdale, I went to Reynolds.
Wish I would have rather sent my gifts out to some YN who would likely have appreciated it much more.
My giftee also had 110 posts under the threshold to participate.
Done venting - glad to see all the other care for members and also gifts received.
Good job taking care of Kirk this year!
I understand your frustration and this is why I try to stress the importance of posting images to the thread once you get your gift. It does several things; it lets your Santa know that you have received and appreciate your gift, it keeps the thread going and gets people excited about the next years exchange and it brings those who have participated back the next year. Most here send very generous gifts and when the recipient doesn't acknowledge Their generosity, it discourages them from participating again. In my five years of participating, this has happened to me twice. As for the post count, I allowed people who participated in the past to join even if they didn't have a post count in line with the current rules. There are several people who fall into this category, many of them generally just read the forums without posting much.
I participated in the 2 forums I frequent in.
I'm more known on the ancients forum than this one. But I try to keep up with all the members I know.
My SS completely suprised me with his gift.
Its to bad that some people take advantage of the season and don't keep up their end.
Over all there is some awsome members in CT as a whole.
Hopefully next year will have a better possitive turn out especially for those that did or feel they got burned.
Kirk did a great job as far as I'm concerned. Going through some personal issues & still got everyone paired.
Just remember the reason for the season is to give with your heart.
@Amos 811 the YN may not have the means or the upbringing to be show manners. I don't know the answer. I know I'll be 50 soon & I didn't keep up with technolgy. I try but it seems computer aren't my freind, but I'm learning lol.
I'm set in my ways it seems & the older I get it seems kids aren't brought up the way I was. They are a heck of a lot smarter because of technology but get more rude every year.
Dang I sound like my dad. But you get the point of what I'm trying to say I hope.
I never give anything with the thought I'll get something in return, but when I do its always amazing to me.
Tell us or show us what you bought him.
We really don't need to stoop to the level of calling them out by name do we? We both know who the person is and they have been added to my list of those who will no be allowed to participate in future exchanges unless they end up making it right. I understand that went out of your way to send a nice gift, but let's just leave it at that if you don't mind. If you really feel compelled to call them out, that's your call, but I'd prefer that we just move on.
I don't hear that very often. But thanks and I'm sorry that this happened to you after you sent such a great gift.
Most kids these day's have a broken moral compass. 95% of the time the needle points only at themselves. The other 5% is an anomaly.
Separate names with a comma.