Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Lots of new people here on the forum. Best advice read as much of this thread as you can, you'll have a blast.
    HOTN

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. papermoney54

papermoney54 Coin Collector

that sucks that you couldnt go. nice that u got a 40%er

4. vettejayk

vettejayk New Member

Started with one $500 box of halves from a local BB&T and found nothing. Next box of $500 from a different branch had one 1966 Kennedy. Not such a great haul, but I'm sure I'll get the urge to try again.

5. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Oh, Raoul, you liking this reminds me...

Ace, I dumped a bag of nickels/dimes there when the DBag manager wasn't around and they didn't have a problem with it. An older female teller helped me out.

Today, box of halves; skunk. 2x boxes of dimes, 3 roosies... all interesting. '53-S in AU, '55-S in MS63ish, '60 in MS64ish with some nice rose-colored toning.

6. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

Called 2 banks today looking for halves and both had some. I bought 70$ worth from the first bank and got nothing. The second bank had only 5 rolls so I snatched em up and headed to my truck, opened the first end of a roll and see silver!!!!!! My eyes bug as I open the next roll and see silver and the next and the next.....etc. All five rolls were 40% silver half dollars!!!! Now thats the WOW factor!!!!

7. pballer225

pballer225 Member

almost 100% sure I just found a 2000 WAM Penny, I definately see more of a space than all the regular 2000 pennies I've looked at... maybe I can scan a picture of it later.

EDIT: Here's a scan of the reverse. Do you guys think it looks like a WAM?
    [​IMG]

8. Merc Crazy

Gotta love it when that happens, congrats on the score!

9. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Gotta love those finds Gypsy. I have 4 boxes that I'll be picking up tomorrow - hope to see some silvers

10. Merc Crazy

I have 5 boxes to run through tomorrow, and unfortunately, only about $1500 in cash to use. Gonna be a busy day running around.

11. clorox

clorox Member

$250 box of dimes: One silver Roosie, and a 2009 D in okay shape.
    $45 CWR dimes: No silver. Someone was a bit short on the way to the bank; one roll had not only a UK 5p, but two Singapore 10 cents.
    $85 BWR dimes: 17 rolls of solid 2011 D. They were in the clear plastic wrap, and my heart just sank as the teller brought them out of the vault along with the CWR. They even gave me an out on the purchase, as the teller then decided to ask if I had an account (every time at every Citibank...). It's too bad I'm a sucker for dime wrappers I haven't seen yet.

12. Atreides

Atreides New Member

Looks like a WAM to me

13. VACookey

VACookey New Member

3 boxes today but I let my son open most of them. He found a 1960 Frankie and 7 40%ers. I found a 2008 Silver proof.

14. pballer225

pballer225 Member

Yay! and I just found a 1998 one too, haha! This is the first time I've looked for WAMs, I wonder how many slipped through my hands before....

15. Merc Crazy

Nickels; 1 war, 1 dateless D-mint buff.

16. tacobelldog52

tacobelldog52 Member

Bad first experience with boxes

Box of halves-Skunk

Box of Dimes-Skunk

Oh well, next week brings new boxes

17. sjlund

sjlund Member

$590 in dimes, skunk, $9.50 in halves, skunk.

18. ChesterCoperPot

ChesterCoperPot Junior Member

I was in Boston last Fall when the hurricane came up there. I decided to try and do some roll hunting a few days before the weather turned, but my first bank I 'tried' to even set foot in was a failure..haha. I walked face first right into a huge glass window, never even saw it, LOL, just turned around and left immediately. The tellers were all cracking up, lol.

19. UNC Walker

UNC Walker Member

Box of Nickels, skunk

Getting a box of halves and a box of dimes this afternoon from a new source. We have had 4 skunk half boxes in a row and 3 skunk dime boxes. BAM!! Its' time for a change and see some silver.

20. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of halves, 3 40% and a '44 walker.

21. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

It's not the fact that you bumped into the glass, it that you just turned and walked away without saying anything that makes it soooo funny! Amazing comedic timing! I'm sure you made there day!

You should definitely be brave enough to return to that bank. That was a very endearing, rapport building moment. I think they would be very friendly and helpful to you. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted