Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Its okay to be jealous

So I was doing a small amount of work for a friend, and we agreed on $10 for thr price of the work. He asked if I'll take pre-82 cents in trade. Of course I would. So he gave me $5 rolled of copper. This made my chances of finding that 1969-S DDO a lot higher!!! :D After searching, I found 33 wheats, 273 regular copper 30 AU coppers from the 70s 118 MS state coppers from the 59-73 and a whole roll of 1960-D Large Date in UNC condition. Too bad I didn't find that 69-S DDO :confused:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Yeah, I seem to find about 25 rolls of 40% per year, so that's a decent amount of the 40% I've found over the past year.

4. Merc Crazy

The odds of finding a '69-S DDO are infinitesimally small.

5. Mr. Flute

Mr. Flute Well-Known Member

And since you got them at face, you've made about 700% profit.

6. Tyler G.

Tyler G. Active Member

25 Rolls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW I only found 6 out of 200 dollars worth this whole year!

7. Merc Crazy

Yeah, I did a lot more than $200 in halves last year, haha.

8. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

Box of halves = skunk. There was a Presidential dollar (Pierce) in one of the rolls though.
    Box of dimes = 3 Roosies and a silver Canadian ('65)

9. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Box of halves today.....skunk.

10. Cazkaboom

Cazkaboom One for all, all for me.

Yeah, but I did find a few greasers. Coolest time I have had roll searching in a long time! :D

11. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

Decided to call local bank near where I was working. Teller said she had two rolls of halves so I stopped in and the teller said she did not have any???? So I leave scratching my head and go back to work. As I'm leaving the job later in the day I hear a commerical about Bank United and it dawns on me that I went to the wrong bank on my lunch hour. I ended up calling one bank but showing up at another.... So I head over to the bank I actually called and pick up the two rolls of halves. First roll 1 40%er.....Second roll full silver with 14 Walkers, 3 Franklins and 3 40%ers!!!!!!!!! That has been my best find in quite awhile, felt good though real good.

12. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Three stops on the way home. Stop 1... $4 loose halves got one 40%. Stop 2... 2 cwr's got one 40%. Stop 3... $2 loose halves... nothing.

13. Merc Crazy

That's a nice roll of coins, congrats on the find.

Box of nickels, AU '38 for the Dansco and a '43-P. When my new camera comes in and I get through the backlog of BU nickels to check out, I'll post some pics of the progress on the Dansco I'm building with AU or better coins from circ.

14. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of dimes, 3 Roosies

15. model77

model77 Silver Stacker

Took a road trip yesterday and pulled into every bank I saw. most had nothing to offer. Did end up with my biggest score ever though!!!

bank 1: $290 CWR - 17 40% and 3 '64's!!!
    bank 2; $20 = skunk
    bank 3; $20 = skunk
    about $30 in loose coin from teller trays here and there = skunk

also got my usual two boxes from my bank earlier this week. Both were skunk. Man it felt great finding all that silver in those CWR's though!

My area is dry and seems to be heavily searched. I get so jealous reading about the rest of your results. I think I am averaging less than one coin per box. I will start a spread sheet this year to track better. I am also realizing that the brinks truck seems to service every bank in the area so it will be impossible to not dump where I eat, even though I am using a different bank to dump then where I pick up. :(

16. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Solid Box, I'm always happy with a result like that.
    HOTN

17. Hellofthenorth

Killer score, that's a full roll of silver you got there. I'm envious.
    HOTN

18. Hellofthenorth

We should bump that Roll Searching thread request again...Moon do you have the link?
    HOTN

19. Merc Crazy

20. Hellofthenorth

21. MalakingAso

MalakingAso Member

My bank only had two of the four half boxes they usually had. They said they were asked to slow down the ordering as it costs them to much. The two boxes each produced a 40%'er.

Draft saved Draft deleted