Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. stlouiscoin

stlouiscoin New Member

I need to order a box of halves to search sometime... Well I went through a bwr of cents the other day and pulled out 37 wheaties out of 49 rolls..( yes i know there are 50 rolls in a box but I got shorted by a roll this time..) well I pulled out a 1917-s, 7 twenties, 4 thirties, and some more s mints... Best box I ever went through!

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Easton

Easton New Member

Where do you typically order them from? If I may ask.

Thanks

4. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

from your local bank

5. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

One box of quarters=Skunk

6. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Box of dimes, 2 roosies.

7. stlouiscoin

stlouiscoin New Member

I ususally order my boxes from us bank, who get them from brinks

8. VACookey

VACookey New Member

I know you're just talking about dimes, but my experience with both dimes and halves has been that you can find silver in both. I just got one roll of halves last week that had 5 silvers, one of which was a 1959 proof Franklin. And I've found plenty of silver, including some mercurys, in CWR dime rolls. Will you get other people's dumps? Yes. But every now and then you find some really good stuff.

9. Merc Crazy

Halves; 1 40%er. That's a Wells Fargo box too, time to tell them to step up the orders now that I know you can find silver in there, I just have bad luck with them.

10. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

Nabbed 5 rooos in a box of dimes.:thumb:

11. JameeDon

JameeDon New Member

Actually, just the first question was in reference to dimes but the others were asking about all coins. Thanks to everyone for a response.

12. Merc Crazy

So I'm off tomorrow, and it's my birthday, so I'm definitely treating myself to a road trip, just debating as to where I should go...

13. elijahhenry10

elijahhenry10 New Member

Just stay away from the Somerset area please :) Anywhere else besides the couple banks I have to convince my parents to take me to. By the way, Happy Early Birthday

14. Merc Crazy

Not sure if you're talking about PA or DE, but both are way too far for me to drive in a day. I was thinking more like central DE or NJ, or maybe heading into the city.

Thanks!

15. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

Merc, firstly let me say Happy Birthday!

Second, good luck on your road trip! I have rent to pay tomorrow and sadly cannot afford to tie my money up in any roll-searching this week =(

16. Merc Crazy

Ah, rent... Moving out of my parents house Dec. 1st, so that harsh reality is coming back pretty soon (moved out during college), gonna really put a crimp on my searching. Back to my college days, being broke... good times.

17. bradarv90

bradarv90 Member

Merc what are you studying?

18. VACookey

VACookey New Member

Happy Birthday Merc :)

19. Merc Crazy

I'm done school... I'm saying when I move out, I'll be nearly as broke as I was during school, when I moved out... I only paid like, $300 a month then (Of course I made about 1/3 of what I make now), but the place my girlfriend wants to move in to is like, $950 a month plus utilities, which comes out to like, $1300 a month. Which is kinda expensive when ya split it, I don't exactly make a ton of money.

Thanks!

20. cvicisso

cvicisso New Member

I feel kind of like a bum... but now, every time I go into my local Kroger I sneak past the CoinStar machine and check the reject/return slot. There seems to ALWAYS be something in there. Last night I got a Euro Cent and a 1942 Wheatie. Not sure why the '42 was rejected, and it's not much, but it's free... and it makes me want to go buy more milk. ;)

21. cvicisso

cvicisso New Member

Happy Birthday, Merc. :bdaycake:

Draft saved Draft deleted