Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. thatcher164

thatcher164 New Member

talking to my postman today {not a roll searcher} but a former collector who went into the BofA by his post office and noticed the
    teller had a stack of Ike he could tell they were all clad except one which turned out to be and 1898 Morgan which when he showed
    it to me was at least and xf slight wear above ear. Talk about a lucky day.:hail:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

All this talk about IKE's...so I made a phone call. A bank 10 minutes away has 14 "large dollar coins". I'm going tomorrow on lunch and hopefully they will still be there. Maybe my week will turn around.
    HOTN

4. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Had a good day today, but it didn't start out that way. Woke up at like, 11am, shook of the sleep, and was out and about around 12. First bank was to dump, second stop had no halves, no ikes, so I got a box of dimes, 1 silver in the second roll and that was it. Third stop forgot to order halves again, but talked to the manager and she will make sure an order is placed. While I was there, I opened up an SDB and dumped all of my full rolls of silver there as well as all of my slabbed coins. Took like an hour because the lady didn't know what she was doing, first time she'd ever done it. Fourth stop always has halves, picked up there, skunk. Dumped, got another box of halves, skunked. At this point I'm thinking this is gonna be a crap day.

So I dumped those, got another box of halves, finally a '43 Walker and a '54 Frankie in that box. Dumped the remnants, and hit up another bank, to get some bags. Turns out I only had enough cash for their nickel and quarter bags, I said screw the quarters, I'll take the nickels and halves. The halves ($13) yielded a '63, '64, and 2 40%ers. Not bad. Picked up 70 ikes there as well, and in them, I found my first silver ike, and it's a beauty of a '73-S. Even better, I found not one, but two '72 T2's. :D The '73-S had some gnarly toning, so I dipped it. Now you can actually see the luster and details, major improvement.

Anyways, took my cash to a bank I knew would have a box, picked it up, and out popped a '64 and 2 40%ers. Dumped again, and got two boxes of dimes and a box of nickels. Two boxes of dimes yielded a '47 Canadian, and two silver roosies. Not too bad of a day all in all...

1x Walker
    2x Franklin
    2x '64
    4x 40%

2x '72 T2
    1x Silver Ike

3x silver Roosie
    1x silver Canadian

[​IMG]

By the way, both of the '72's look UNC, granted, not gem, but still...

One of the Roosies fills a hole! '51-S.

5. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

30 dollars in loose halves netted 2 64's and 2 40%ers.

6. b money

b money New Member

Merc that's sounds like a great day to me!
    $50 in BWR H's-2 40%
    2 boxes of dimes only one 1937 beat to heck merc.
    I've been having bad luck with boxes lately.

7. Forkeh

Forkeh New Member

Four rolls of dims, found one silver. I knew if I kept it up with this bank that I'd find something good, because lately almost all of the rolled dimes have been from the late 60s, early 70s. What tells me is that customers are breaking out their old piggy banks and there's a high change that a lot of that hasn't been searched for silver already. I'll be back lol.

8. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Nice! :thumb:

9. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Well my day was unlike Merc and more like HOTN...

1 box of Halves: Skunk
    1 box of Dimes: Skunk
    $60 in BWR Dimes: 1 x 1957 Rosie
    $90 in BWR Nickels: Was about 90% 2011, but still somehow found a 1944 War.

So for $900 in coin I got 1 Rosie and 1 War Nickel. Beats nothing, but still disappointing.

I opened an account at PNC and am waiting on some halves to come in there. Halves are really hit or miss. 5 out of my last 6 boxes of halves were skunks.

10. Aggiecollector

Aggiecollector Junior Member

Bob, the dates can be mis-stamped as I have picked up two boxes in a row about a month ago stamped 2010 and both had a 2011 half in them. They were cap one, so you probably got some of those boxes too.

Erin

11. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I usually don't even look at the date.

Merc....do you ever work, lol. Nice day.

I picked up a box of dimes today and found 3 silver Roosies....that's a great box for me as I average slighly less than one per box.

:D

12. joey0053

joey0053 ZERT Operator

Two boxes of dimes.
    Box 1
    2x canadian dimes, not silver
    1x toned 2001 roosie

Box 2
    1x Figi one cent
    1x 1952S
    2x 1960D
    2x1964D
    1x1964

13. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

Skunked on $18.5 in loose halves. None were rolled. Skunked on $105 in dimes. However, while I was at the bank that produced my last silver find I asked for halves and middle-aged guy looks at me and says "Hey, I usually ask to buy those." I replied "I'm a numismatist." He knew what I meant, but the bank teller looked at me like I just spoke in Greek. Anyways, one teller (that was in front of the other hunter.) says "I have $14.50 worth." and then I heard the hunter say "Couple of Franklins." So of course I am freaking out! These would be my first 90% halves from circulation. Well, there was jack pooey in the $14.50 I got. I may be paranoid, but I really hope the teller didn't hold those Franklins for him, especially since I was the first to ask for them...assuming there were any there.

14. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Box of dimes, 2 roosies

15. Hellofthenorth

Merc,

Nice write up. Good day of searching rewarded you with good results, way to pound it out.
    HOTN

16. Hellofthenorth

Solid box of dimes!
    HOTN

17. Hellofthenorth

I'm looking forward to my lunch break in a couple hours. I got $500 and going to try and score 2 boxes of dimes. The bank is kind of small so they might only have one, but maybe it will be a good one. I'm looking to complete a mini milestone for myself by the end of the week.
    HOTN

18. Moonshine

Moonshine ....................

On my way home last night I grabbed $150 in dimes (skunk), $50 in quarters (skunk) and $50 in nickels. Was skunked on the nickels except for an interesting one pictured below.

Also, I noticed the driveup teller had about 3-4 Ikes in her tray so I asked for halves and Ikes and the 2 counter tellers said they didn't have any. I asked my teller to ask the driveup teller and the driveup teller said no. I asked they driveup teller "well aren't those Eisenhower dollars in your tray?" She said "yes but I am saving them for Carol." I didn't push it but she initially lied to me and I don't like that. The next time I see the head teller who I am friendly with, I am going to find out who Carol is.

Attached Files:

19. Hellofthenorth

Picked up $250 in CWR Quarters - Skunk
    Also got a box of dimes while there- I picked the edges apart while driving and put them back in the box so I can blow through them later.
    I asked the head teller to order me $1000 in Halves, she was calling the vault and took my number so I did not have to wait. Hopefully she calls with good news.
    The other teller asked if I collected. I said yes, and she asked about silver, I said if I'm real lucky and that I have not seen one in a while. Which is kind of true because I've had a bad week CRHing. She said her dad collected and had a ton of silver and it got stolen! I'm getting a SDB this weekend.
    HOTN

20. b money

b money New Member

$100 BWR H's gave me my first frankie.
    $300 BWR D's gave 3 rossies and a 1987 Swiss half franc(probably not worth much but kinda neat since they now use the euro)

21. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

Swiss do not use the Euro.

Nice finds either way.

Box of dimes gave me 5 roosies.

Draft saved Draft deleted