Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. bryantallard

bryantallard show me the money....so i can look through it

in my journeys which has not been long. in the last year i have found a 39 jefferson AU and a jefferson 1943/42. i have found a 2000 WAM, yesterday a 1998 WAM. my teller had some halves in her tray and i asked for themm and got the 74 d ddo. couple weeks ago roll searching i got a 1909 lincoln ef. the coin that started me in collecting was finding a 1909 vdb which you kind folk graded AU. my best find was last week when i come in and the asst. manager at the bannk tells me some old gentleman comes in with his coins rolled and i should look through them. i could have kissed her the next day. 1972 lincoln ddo. am having trouble blowing it up but image is clear, same is in the red book. sending it out for grading and authentication next week. cant wait :) as long as this is, i would like to thank all of you who planted the seed of roll searching in my head.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. JJDEMARAY

JJDEMARAY New Member

4. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

I nominate this ("but still a cool find") for the Understatment of the Year award.

That's awesome Moonshine!

5. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Found a Silver quarter and dime in the reject tray at TD at lunch. The teller tried to swipe it to the bottom and said since I was cashing halves it probably wasn't mine. I said, well I had some loose change mixed in and the machine has shorted me plenty in the past few months and just grabbed it. She didn't say anything. :cool:

Box of nickels, dimes, and quarters for tonight!

6. Inquisitive

Inquisitive Starting 2 know something

out of $150 in loose & 60 in BWR halves:

1 Frankie (63)
    3 '64
    2 40%
    2003P

Plus 2 slv dimes from the teller @ the dump bank.

7. gmaster456

gmaster456 New Member

Wow, nice find for face. I have a box of dimes due in on thursday. Maybe something like this will await me :)

8. MrHappyDaClown

MrHappyDaClown New Member

A bank (not even my own would do this for me) is going to order me $1000 in half dollars that I can pick up on thurs! I'm kind of excited, but they say that they will be loose, not rolled... Anychance of finding anything or does loose equal picked clean?

9. G-man422

G-man422 Member

Awesome find on that seated dime Moonshine! Congrats!

10. ThinnPikkins

ThinnPikkins Well-Known Member

You will receive a bag more than likely, a bank teller at a different bank than mine is doing the exacr thing (my wifes friend) minimum was 1000 so im thinking its coming in a bag

11. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

Got a box of quarters and pulled a 47'. :thumb:

12. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

I picked up my two boxes of halves today. I tore through 21 rolls from one box and scored 3-40%er's so far. I decided to start on the other box to see if that had anything. I got through 27 rolls in that box and scored 2-40%er's so far. I'm just sitting here at work looking at the clock every couple minutes waiting to get out and finish them off!!!! These next two hours are going to feel like eternity.
    HOTN

13. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

nice!

14. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Box of Quarters - Skunk
    Box of Dimes - Skunk
    Box of Nickels - 2 Wars and the usual 40's and 50's

Was hoping for better results from the dimes and quarters, but either way thanks to my reject tray finds I scored a hat trick of silver with 1Q, 1D, and 2N's!!!

15. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

4 rolls of quarters and a few bucks worth of loose halves... nothing. Picked up 11 ikes.

16. asuphiphi

asuphiphi Active Member

my banker sold me some coins today. I got:

1 Silver IKE :D
    2 Silver Franks
    5 90% half
    1 40% half
    2 Peace dollars

all for $100 :D:D:D

17. cvicisso

cvicisso New Member

$100 in BWR quarters: nothing (but did pull 3 ATBs and some 2009s)
    $100 in CWR dimes: nothing
    $5 in CWR pennies: 111 coppers, 2 wheats, 2 Canadian, 4 2009 (22.6% Cu yield)

18. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

$32 of halves: skunk
    4 rolls of dimes: skunk

I'm in a silver drought.....

19. zekeguzz

zekeguzz lmc freak

I met a guy today ready to feed his coins to a coinstar machine. I asked him if he had checked his dimes and quarters for Silver.
    He said he didn't have time because his work hours kept him too busy. I said I'd buy the whole bag if he knew if any of his coins were old. He said he really didn't think so. Oh well, I'm glad for him that he has a job/s that keeps him busy.

20. b money

b money New Member

Box of H's was a bust. Still got 3 more and a box of dimes to pick up though.

21. Kanderus

Kanderus Active Member

I got skunked on halves today, didn't snag any dimes because I was in a bit of a hurry...and to top it ALL of some MFer sniped me on eBay, out bidding me on a 1937-S Washington Quarter in the last 5 seconds....GRR. However, I did order my Aaron Rodgers jersey!

Draft saved Draft deleted