Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. bobbeth87

bobbeth87 Coin Collector

Um, how...um, wait, um, 20 boxes?

How do you do that? Where do you dump that? What bank would order that many?

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Melina

Melina Nickel Addict

3 boxes of dimes today and $30 in Halves... only one lone 56 roosie

4. stash584

stash584 Junior Member

I was just about to give up on dimes after my last $700 or so (I never get entire boxes) were skunk and focus on only pennies. Today I stopped at the bank and picked up $50 in rolls and yielded a 59 & 62 D roo!

5. AceFranklin

AceFranklin Member

Been crazy busy the past few days with work and family birthdays.

Yesterday when cashing in my coins, I received a 1943 Merc in my change from the teller!
    My bank that gets me a box of halves on Thursdays forgot my order due to the Holiday.
    So, I decided to get a box of quarters and a box or nickels.

Box of Quarters nets 1 x 1954 Washington
    Box of Nickels nets 1 x 1920 Buffalo and 1 x 1944 War

Not a bad day. I took Wed off. 2 boxes of halves for tonight!

Nice finds everyone the past few days!!!

6. Merc Crazy

Merc Crazy Bumbling numismatic fool

Here's a pic of one of my other ones. This is the fifth I've found.

[​IMG]

7. b money

b money New Member

$300 brw H's skunk, box of dimes skunk, but I did manage to get 9 dollar coins, 8 being ike's and one a 1922-S peace! When the teller pulled them from her drawer and said "these big things" I saw the silver edge and almost shouted YES! By far my best single coin find! Thank you merc if you didn't post ur Morgan finds I would have never asked, with my thinking being "who would turn in a silver dollar" but from now on I'm asking every time I go in.I dont know how to post pics otherwise I would.

8. Merc Crazy

Congrats dude. Can never hurt to ask. Luck is all you need... I'm at around 1000 ikes picked up and only 4 silver dollars to show for it...

9. b money

b money New Member

Yeah I Belive it. Do you keep all the ike's, sell them to dealers, or just turn them back in? Now you got me thinking because on the way home I went to the coin shop and traded the 8 ike's for a 1928 standing liberty quarter that is pretty well worn. It probably wasn't the best move but I'm ok with it since the liberty/eagle coins are my favorite design and I didn't have one.

10. Hellofthenorth

Hellofthenorth New Member

Cashed in $235 in dimes about a week and a half ago and 105 dimes were counted as pennies (yes it said pennies on the ticket), so I was short by $9.45 is what I figured. I told the teller who cashed me out and they said when the bags go out to be counted...blah blah blah. Today they put in $1.45 into my account. I had to call C/S anyway because I was locked out of online banking and told them what had happened and how much additional I thought I should be credited $8.00 more. Well they just put in $13.20 more for some reason, and additional $5.20 more than I asked for. Must have been someone else's money who did not complain.
    Pretty cool on their part!
    HOTN

11. Merc Crazy

Hoard em. I'm over 500 now.

12. VACookey

VACookey New Member

I'm absolutely giddy with excitement and wanted to share my find today. For the first time ever, I found a Walker! But not just any walker. Oh no. This is a 1938-D in very good condition. I was in shock when I saw the value. $100 coin! I've never found anything this cool in circulation before. I'm just floored.

I found 16 40% and 1 90% in a box yesterday but that's nothing compared to what I just found. Somebody pinch me please.

13. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

Wow you guys are all having great finds, Morgans and peace dollars from tellers, a 38-D walker - great job guys - those types of stories keep us all going.

Did 2 boxes today

Box 1 - 1 '64
    Box 2 - 2 40%s

I'd take that everytime if I could get it.

14. b money

b money New Member

Very nice find VA! I'm still waiting to find a walker(or a frankie) but after today I can wait a bit longer.

15. Merc Crazy

Skunked on box two.

16. JJDEMARAY

JJDEMARAY New Member

1) I have accounts at 11 different Credit Unions/Banks.
    2) I am about 20 years older than you. Have always been a saver rather than a spender.

17. JJDEMARAY

JJDEMARAY New Member

I go to about 5 different Wells Fargo Branches.

18. JJDEMARAY

JJDEMARAY New Member

Anybody been hitting a ton of JFK Clad Proof Half Dollars like myself? I have hit over 100 in the last two weeks. Very weird considering I hit only about 10 from Jan-April.

19. GypsyTears

GypsyTears Mammy 2 shoes

IMG_0776.JPG The last bank I stopped at today had 30 dollars in halves. 20$ in an envelope an the other 10$ loose. She handed me the 10$ loose first and noticed 2 were 40%ers so I was happy I was not going to get shut out today. I got in my truck and shook the envelope a little and herd silver too!!! I peeked in and saw bright white edges looking up. I dumped em out and this was the pic I took before I seperated them. I added the 2 40%ers to the stack for the pic. Out of the envelope I snaged 18 64's and 12 40%ers plus the other 2 40%ers. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOWHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Found my first walker half today:) Out of 10 cwr's of halves... one 64 and the walker, a 42.

21. Yacorie

Yacorie Junior Member

JJDEMARAY - I've been noticing that myself

Gypsy - you've been doing pretty good lately - great find.

Jensenbay - great job with the walker

Draft saved Draft deleted