Roll-searchers, post your results!

Discussion in 'Coin Roll Hunting' started by chicken_little, Oct 24, 2005.

1. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

I wish you posted this last week. I just dumped a lot of these that I had pulled from circulation.

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. softmentor

softmentor Well-Known Member

awww. well, any you have in the future. Thanks

4. Dustin McDaniel

Dustin McDaniel Active Member

These banks get on my nerves. I have some very friendly and accommodating banks and staff but others that make me feel like I'm annoying them. I try to be super friendly and not bring returns for coin dumps to often. I try to space out the times I come. Still some are not friendly. I recently had a bank refuse to order boxes for me. They say it cost them money which I'm sure it does but after all they are a bank for crying out loud. I told them so basically since your not making money off of interest loans or savings accounts interest you have no use for me.
    I further explained that refusing service to me will kill any future loans I might would have done.
    Make no mistake about it, banks ONLY care about themselves and the money they can make off of you.

coingeek12 likes this.
  5. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

Went through three boxes of pennies, two boxes of nickels, and a box of dimes.

Got a whole bunch of wheaties (gotta get them while I can lol) and a big pile of jeffersons from pre-1962.

Managed to score one war nickel and actually found a buffalo!

Other than that nothing to note. IMG_0124.JPG

Michael K, halvessearcher and -jeffB like this.
  6. softmentor

nice finds. that 1962 is stunningly beautiful.

coingeek12 and -jeffB like this.
  7. Rambutan52

Rambutan52 Well-Known Member

Switching to pennies this go around turned out to be a winner. The brick produced 19 wheaties. All were of high mintage ranging from 1940 to the final year of production.

IMG_1622.jpeg IMG_1624.jpeg

-jeffB likes this.
  8. Lena91

Lena91 New Member

Hi all, new to the forum, new to the hobby! I wanted to post/share some recent finds (Canadian nickels) and get some input if possible. I found a 1941 that has some really fun die cracks that id like to see if anyone has come across. There is one coming from the point of the leaves on each side, reaching the edge, kind of a symettrical look to it. Another huge one links the letters of george on the back and fades through to VI. Would love your thoughts! I also found a SUPER gumbled 1945 victory steel nickel, which Im not sure is common or not. Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

coingeek12 and halvessearcher like this.
  9. -jeffB

-jeffB Greshams LEO Supporter

Welcome to CoinTalk!

It looks like you're using a USB microscope for your photos. Is there a way for you to back it further away from the coin so that we can see the whole coin in the photo? That makes it easier to get a sense of what's going on...

coingeek12 likes this.
  10. Lena91

Lena91 New Member

For sure! Its a little tougher to see from farther away but you can make them out in the right light

For sure! Its a little tougher to see from farther away but you can make them out in the right light

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2024
    coingeek12 likes this.
  11. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

The 62 nickel is most likely a Philly proof. The business strikes you find in circulation can never look like that.
    I found this 2014-S (business strike) in my change from the store. Mintage 1.2M.
    Shenbusiness.png

SensibleSal66 likes this.
  12. coingeek12

coingeek12 Well-Known Member

IMG_0946.jpeg IMG_0947.jpeg Went through my third box of halves since restarting the hobby today. Lady at the bank knows who I am now and saved me a wheat cent she found.

Been averaging 2 40% silver halves a box, got lucky today with a 1943 half dollar along with my expected duo of 40%ers (gave the last two I found to my brother-in-law for helping us out around the house)

Overall a good pick through. Been saving every 2015 and beyond half I find, they always appear in such good condition. not sure if worth saving, if not i'm going to dump them lol

13. Mr. Numismatist

Mr. Numismatist Strawberry Token Enthusiast

14. softmentor

picked up 3 rolls of JFK today. They were all very nice BU unc. actually upgraded my album on 4 of them, just a point but once you are in the 60's one point is a lot. There was one 40% too. Also teller had 11 Eisenhower dollars. one of them also found it's way into my album. this time about a 3 point upgrade. Pretty nice day overall. picked up some small dollar rolls too, Will be going through those probably this weekend.

15. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

Okay, Mister. Sounds like a plan but don't forget to get outside this weekend. Supposed to be nice! Then again, you live in So. Cali!! LOL.

16. softmentor

for sure, then again we had rain this morning!

17. Michael K

Michael K Well-Known Member

I have been getting skunked a lot recently in my quest for the 10 coin W set, halfway there. (With a few doubles.) I did pull out a gold plated Indiana state Q the other day (NBD.) I picked up 6 rolls today and I have 24 looks at a W. (I haven't looked yet I will post if I hit one.) But I did pull this Minnesota state proof. Looks better in hand. I still have not seen 1 single Jovita Idar which came out last August. I figure by the time I get one condition will be an issue.
    Minnb.png

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
  18. softmentor

been doing some small dollars lately. starting to work toward a set of Presidents. Got a nice start of all of the circulation issues (the first 20 presidents Washington through Garfield) I have been surprised how many bu blazers I have found. I only have 8 of the 40 p and d that are not MS60 bu or better. Also found 14 of the NIFC's.
    Also did 10 rolls of quarters and ding ding ding.... found my first W I'll try to get a pic up right away.

19. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Something a little different...
    Looks like the moderator removed my post about the swapping out presidential dollars to whomever needed to add to their collection :eek:
    Siteing something against forum rules question mark
    The moderator didn't send me a Slap My Hand notice yet, but I'm thinking they assumed it was a for profit sales ad.
    I'll be cracking open the rest of rolls and send a member a few he requested.
    I guess I'll Crack open the other rolls and look for errors before taking them back to the bank.
    Stay tuned...:greedy::p
    IMG_20240406_150825953~2.jpg

20. rte

rte Well-Known Member

Nothing worth more than $1.
    Who would have thought :p

21. jensenbay

jensenbay Well-Known Member

Should be in the for sale section.

Draft saved Draft deleted