Post your Barber Images

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Elbesaar, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Barberian

Barberian Junior Member

I just checked the photos of the 95 and 95-O and I may have posted the same obverse twice for both. The 95-O is correct (the 95 obverse is wrong). My scanning 12 coins at once caused some confusion in matching obverses with reverses here.

I checked the 95-O and it has some etching and hairlines on the obverse. I'm not confident it will straight grade.

That hits on the problem I had trying to collect raw Barber halves off of eBay, i.e., so many Barber halves have been cleaned and I had trouble finding original coins. Eventually, I became disappointed with all the crappy Barbers I was buying and switched over to seated Liberty halves where I had better luck in landing raw, original-looking coins. I'm now scanning my coins in preparation for eventually selling off my Barbers and reducing the size of my collection.

Sheesh, I still have every Lincoln cent my brother and I pulled out of literally thousands of bank rolls as kids 55 years ago! Does anyone want a roll of circulated 60-D SDs? Or 1919 Lincolns? Or an entire set of Roosevelt dimes from change. Loads and loads of stuff from my early collecting days as a kid. My best finds: a 1921 dime in G, and a 1909 Lincoln cent in AU+ BN. Both blew my mind at the time.

Anthony Mazza, -jeffB and LakeEffect like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Gilbert

Gilbert Part time collector Supporter

It’s beat up, but finished the set.

DSCN2675.jpeg DSCN2676.jpeg

4. LakeEffect

LakeEffect Average Circulated

5. Barberian

Barberian Junior Member

Yup. I tried to buy the semi-key SLHs as I encountered them on eBay if they were acceptable and I've done well with those coins according to Coin Prices. Who hasn't done well collecting SLHs?! I didn't think I'd be in a position to buy a 78-S, though.

Oops! I forgot this is the Barber thread!

6. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

Yeah, you'll get banned. Is CAC really anything more than "we agree with the grade and it looks pretty"? What you're pointing out on the 1874-CC makes it look pretty.

7. KBBPLL

KBBPLL Well-Known Member

I'm curious what you're emphasizing with this zoom. Is there a die crack or clashing there?

8. Collecting Nut

Collecting Nut Borderline Hoarder

I do so wish I could remember myself.

dwhiz and LakeEffect like this.
  9. Sunflower_Coins

Sunflower_Coins Importer and Exporter

10. BearlyHereBear

BearlyHereBear Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted