[CLOSED] Penny Luster Giveaway #1 (Twelve Days of COINmas)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

I want those!

This is Teddy; he doesn't like anything outside of his comfort zone, such as car trips or moving. When my family moved to Tennessee, he spent about 3 days hiding in this bed sheet. Needless to say, we didn't bother moving him as any attempt to move him would be met by demonic screeching, flailing claws, and bloodied arms and hands. Under normal circumstances, though, he is an extremely mellow and outgoing cat.

Teddy in Blanket.jpg

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Kasia

Kasia Got my learning hat on

I moved from Missouri to Oregon one year with two cats (each in a carrier, and both able to be walked on leash if necessary, though one really did not like the leash). One cat meowed constantly, about 3 times a minute for the first 125 miles. Then she lost he voice for a bit. Found out there was some music I played that they liked (they were calmer when that played on cassette) than some others. So I had to forego listening to some of my tapes. They actually travelled pretty good afterwards, though overall.

Later I took a cat from Missouri to California. She was really good in the car and rode so well, but was difficult to catch in the a.m. at the motel to get her in the car. She was a very standoffish cat and she actually once we got to California pretty much avoided people. But she did great when I would take her to PetSmart on a leash and hold her on my shoulder. She loved that for some reason.

Other cats I had that I traveled with were a mixture and many really hated the travelling. One I ended up leaving with my sister at her home for the rest of his life as he absolutely hated being in a car, even just to go to the vet. I did not put him through a long road trip because of that. He was a sweet cat though and I loved him so much.

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

This arrived today.

Beautiful piece of silver, many thanks

Also, Lord M included a neat rolled coin that he made.

Thanks again.

Frank

Maria Theresa.jpg

5. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Aha! There’s Prize #1 again. Thanks for posting that, Frank. I like when folks take the trouble to post their prizes after they get ‘em. Shows they care. :)

Minor point of correction: I did not make those elongated cents myself, but rather had them made, professionally, to my design specs. I do not have the rolling machinery myself. (That would be fun, though.)

The silver thaler, though it came from my inventory, was of course @Penny Luster’s gift. (She swapped me some stuff for my contributions here.)

The elongated cent was just a fun little add-on from me. ;)

6. lordmarcovan

Do not despair. There is still a chance you could get lucky. Six more lots left to go... not even counting this one (Lot #6)! So really we’re not even quite halfway done here. And the lots get bigger- at least in terms of quantity- every day!

I will add a hint that the next lot (#7) would probably be my second favorite, personally, if I were a player here.

(#2- the pair of Peace dollars- would probably have been my own personal favorite.)

Claire’s still got a lot more goodies left to offer here, in the stockings that are still hanging on the mantelpiece...

7. lordmarcovan

It was a frosty morning here in the Golden Isles of Georgia. Though we’re down here in palm tree territory, close to the Florida line, where it almost never snows, we do get a few freezes and the occasional frost.

The Trash Can Kitties (so named because we feed the outdoor cats on top of the trash cans so stray dogs don’t get their food) were doing that paw-lift dance you’re familiar with if you’ve seen your cats standing on ice or snow. So I scraped some of the frost off the trash can lids before I fed up this morning.

(Side trivia note: I had to use a credit card to do that, since I do not own one of those car windshield ice scrapers and you’d be hard-pressed to find one in the stores down here. I did have one in my car when I first moved down here decades ago, and a friend asked what it was- he’d never seen one!)

9D8FEB67-292E-4D02-AFC8-B0A87B405B67.jpeg

This is a closeup of the top of Ladymarcovan’s car in the driveway. This will be fairly unremarkable for many of y’all, but it’s pretty doggone chilly by our SE coastal Georgia standards.

3E8B395F-8C82-416D-8D99-90626D31C255.jpeg

8. dano

dano Junior Member

I want those!
    Picture below is from one of my earliest change finds(probably 11 years old) Got it on my paper route from an elderly customer who paid me out of change from a jar in her kitchen. I thought i had hit the lottery! Still in the holder i put it in back in 1980 or so.

Attached Files:

• dime.jpg
      dime.jpg
      File size:
      366.7 KB
      Views:
    DEA, Penny Luster and lordmarcovan like this.
  9. fullhart

fullhart Junior Member

I want those!

Attached Files:

Penny Luster and lordmarcovan like this.
  10. lordmarcovan

Note:

Oops! :oops:

It looks like nobody caught it up to now, but in reading back through the thread, I just belatedly realized that I made a major goof in Post #222, when I announced the winner of Lot #5!

In summary, I drew #204 with the random number generator, and announced @Kasia as the winner. But in fact, Kasia posted Post #202, and Post #204 was actually by @ZoidMeister, though it was merely a conversational post of his and not his entry post.

This is easily amended. Here's what I'll do. Kasia should keep the prize. She's been a past giveaway donor here and is deserving, regardless. She might've won due to a goof on my part, but it was meant to be, and I'm happy with the outcome.

But since the "winning" number (#204) was a ZoidMeister post (albeit not his entry post), and he had earlier specified (in his actual entry post, #191) that he wanted the prize to go to @DarkRage666 if he won, I'm gonna send @DarkRage666 something. It won't be the five Buffalo nickels, but might include a Buffalo nickel or two, with some other things.

The way this should have gone during the drawing was when the random number generator pulled #204 and thus landed on a non-valid entry post, I should have drawn again, but instead I mistakenly declared Kasia the winner.

Anyway, if you're confused, you're not alone! I got mixed up too, as you can see.

To sum up: Kasia still gets Prize Lot #5 as (mistakenly) announced, but @DarkRage666 will get something from me, too, since @ZoidMeister wanted it that way.

@DarkRage666 - send me your mailing address in a private message.

We now resume our regularly scheduled programming. ;)

DEA, DarkRage666, ZoidMeister and 5 others like this.
  11. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I want those in Lot No. 6!!!!!
    If coins have ancestors, this one fits!

6890CB9F-10C4-491E-8664-72E8E9447362.jpeg 56318C0D-242D-4569-9A75-B5B544D72C0F.jpeg

12. lordmarcovan

Yes, thanks for the reminder. Now that that bit of Lot #5 confusion has been explained, we resume with entry posts for Lot #6, which will be drawn later tonight.

Nice Barber dime. Looks prooflike.

Penny Luster and Santinidollar like this.
  13. Penny Luster

Penny Luster Well-Known Member

Prize #5 has been mailed to @Kasia enjoy those nickels. I have a prize for @DarkRage666 as well. Now I wonder who will win those six roosie dimes?

Kasia and lordmarcovan like this.
  14. ArbySea

ArbySea Well-Known Member

I want that!

My wife got two red canaries for our last anniversary. Hootie, one of our cats (who may be related to Elvis based on his looks), thinks they make fine cat TV.:) catTV.jpg

lordmarcovan and Penny Luster like this.
  15. lordmarcovan

@DarkRage666 - see? You ended up getting something after all! ;)

In my “fix-it” lot, you will get the following:

A few Wheat cents including a 1916 and a Red BU 1958, a pretty pink-toned 2020-D cent, four Buffalo nickels (but I’m afraid they’re all dateless or nearly so), some early Jeffersons, some P- and D- mint medals in Mint Set cellophane, and a 4-piece set of my custom elongated coins rolled out on an Indian cent, Wheat cent, Barber dime, and Mercury dime.

Plus @Penny Luster has some goodies for you, too. (Including something much nicer, I think!) She’s been rooting for you to win something all along anyway, so we’ll do this outside of the main contest. I’ll start a group PM between the three of us.

ABFAE28B-15F2-47D0-99CC-3C54291A0556.jpeg 6AE181FB-4C43-4E54-AF3C-819C8870A766.png

(*The elongated coin pix are a stock image- you’ll get a random sealed set, but it will include those same types.)

DEA, jamor1960, DarkRage666 and 4 others like this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Wow, I forgot there was such a thing as a red canary! Pat Hootie for me, but keep him out of the birdcage! :cat::nailbiting:

Penny Luster likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

There are a few hours left before the Lot #6 drawing. I intend to do that sometime after midnight (Eastern US time) tonight.

I’ll double-check to make sure I announce the correct winner this time. ;)

Penny Luster and Bradley Trotter like this.
  18. coinaline

coinaline Active Member

I want those!

My silver prediction: if you buy too high and things go awry, you are lucky; if you buy too high and the the price drops due to a stable market, you are still lucky!

19. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

I want those:

Here a little poem to remind that Disme is in fact pronounced like Dime

The Tax direct which you Denounce,
    By Northern States paid every ounce,
    When lords of proud Virginia’s clime,
    Refus’d to pay a single disme,
    Stands a rich item to our credit,
    While Democrats assume the merit.

Source:https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces25428.html

20. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Hamlet Squire of Tomfoolery . . . . .

Well Played.png

21. lordmarcovan

The random number generator has spoken again, and chosen the winner of Lot #6.

The number it selected was #240.

upload_2020-12-10_1-59-15.png

And Post #240 was by @Mark1971!

Congratulations, @Mark1971! You have six silver dimes a'comin'.

Let Claire (@Penny Luster) have your address. I will send a PM shortly.

DEA, Kasia and masterswimmer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.