[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway, December 2018: who wants some CircCam silver?

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

entry post
    Here's a coiny joke. (But if you don't like it don't blame me !!!). "Coin Collecting is the only hobby that when you are broke you still have money !!!":happy:

lordmarcovan likes this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. ALAN DAVIS

ALAN DAVIS Old Sopemaker

Entry post, thank you for the chance!

4. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I liked that story. Thanks. Always thought there'd be silver in old abandoned cars, too, but reading about some fella who set out on that quest and found hives of yellowjackets and all sorts of other swarmy, creepy-crawly, and slithery things made me wonder if it's worth it.

Kasia likes this.
  5. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

There used to be a auto junk yard here that had mostly cars in the 1960's on back. You could go in and pull a part off to take to the counter to purchase. I always wanted to make a day of going thru the seats on these old autos to see what money I could find.

Kasia and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

7. juris klavins

juris klavins Well-Known Member

Entry Post - I got in just under the wire ;)

A little numismatic humor (very little) :rolleyes:

Q: Why did the Standing Liberty quarter and Buffalo nickel have to dance with each other?
    A: Neither one had dates.

Kasia and Nyatii like this.
  8. lordmarcovan

Happy New Year, everyone!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the random.org random number generator has spoken, and for the first time I can remember, the first draw landed on an eligible entry post!

And that number was 37, and Post #37 was by... @Seattlite86! :woot:

Well, you do own one now. But go easy on poor ol' Maria Theresa. She looks pretty good for somebody who's been dead for 239 years. ;)

Funny, I was just talking with him in a PM conversation when I remembered I needed to go and do this drawing, and lo and behold, his lucky number came in!

December 2018 giveaway drawing.png

9. lordmarcovan

PS- I set the random number generator to pick from 1-125, because the post had 125 replies at the time of the drawing. But by so doing, I accidentally didn't include @juris klavins' (eligible) entry in Post #126 in the drawing. I'll make up for this by giving him an extra entry in the January giveaway.

So @juris klavins - go post an entry post in the January giveaway (and note that you'll pick your prize in advance for that one). And when you do that, you'll have two chances in January's drawing, instead of just one.

Seattlite86, CircCam and Kasia like this.
  10. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Seattlite86 and CircCam like this.
  11. Noah Finney

Noah Finney Well-Known Member

Seattlite86 likes this.
  12. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Will you be doing another contest in February ?

Noah Finney likes this.
  13. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

To the Beer Lover. When Standing Liberty and Buffalo danced with each other, was it Rock n' ROLL ???

14. Seattlite86

Seattlite86 Outspoken Member

Sorry for the late replies. Mail is a little slower on my end due to where I live. The coins have arrived and my you gear daughter has already claimed this beautiful 3 Pence from Australia.
    299137F9-B838-49C1-8C2F-F2992CEAC28D.jpeg
    It’s quite a looker and a wonderful example of Circcam. I apologize for not posting a picture with my daughter playing with it, but I’m not a fan of putting my children on the internet until they’re old enough to decide for themselves.

Here are photos of the other two coins. I love the Maria Theresia restrike. I’m going to try to see if I can identify which restrike it is. She was probably the most well known from the Hapsburg Empire. She made huge changes to the benefit of the empire, to include education and women’s rights. Her daughter, Marie Antoinette, is also very well known, but for ultimately causing the collapse of the empire by disenfranchising the French with all of her scandals.
    722E9BF6-8E5C-4EC1-9E75-71FC36FE2CD7.jpeg C15C3B43-6413-4341-84A2-833CC489052F.jpeg

Many thanks to @lordmarcovan !

15. Amos 811

Amos 811 DisMember

let them eat cake...lol what a ditz

Seattlite86 likes this.
  16. lordmarcovan

Yes, I intend to, though I'm currently on hiatus and may not return until it's time to do the January drawing. (Just sticking my head in to catch up on private messages and such at the moment.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.