[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway, April, 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craigescape

Craigescape Member

Is this a common Error? I have only found the one in my group of coins. I have a ton of bie errors and blobs but none missing the trust...lol

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

I'm not an error/variety collector, though I do have one or two in my collection. Best to ask that on the Errors board.

4. Craigescape

Craigescape Member

Will do. Thanks for the information

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. fretboard

fretboard Defender of Old Coinage!

I got my prize today, I just took a quick pic! ;) Very cool, it's the smallest coin in my collection! Thanks again Lord Marcovan! I really like your advertising on the back of the flip too!! I didn't include a pic of the back in case you don't want your information out in cyberspace. ~Cheers! :D IMG_6765.JPG

6. lordmarcovan

I love it when folks enjoy their goodies enough to post a picture. Thanks.

Which flip insert is on the back, the one with me in my hat, or the Clan Robertson badge one? I forget which I used on those.

PS- compared to the microscopic gold coin @Craigescape is getting, your tiny (Sindh?) copper looks like a manhole cover or a truck wheel! :hilarious:

juris klavins likes this.
  7. Craigescape

Craigescape Member

Nice, I'm waiting for mine. I will include a photo of it if my phone will take one that small

8. Imjustkk

Imjustkk Member

Congrats winners!! Thank you for another contest Lordmarcovan.

9. fretboard

Yeah, the one with you, just like your avatar. If you don't mind, I'll post it, just say yeah and I'll do it, or PM me. :D

10. lordmarcovan

That's fine.

11. fretboard

Hi LordM,
    Here's the prize! A little blurred but I think it will suffice! ;) Thank you again!! :D IMG_6764.JPG IMG_6765.JPG

lordmarcovan and longshot like this.
  12. Craigescape

Craigescape Member

Nice, I'm hoping mine comes in soon. I'm looking forward to start searching on what the history on it is. If it was used as a coin how did they keep from losing it? I have trouble keeping a hold of a normal penny...lol

13. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Congrats to the winners,

someday it will be me!

14. Craigescape

Craigescape Member

My "coin" made it today. THANK YOU. Other than it's super small it's a cool item that should provide some time to try to figure it out. If this was used as a form of currency, how did they keep from losing them all? And thanks for the bonis item the 1956 wheat penny. 20180512_165833.jpg

Attached Files:

15. lordmarcovan

Be sure to enter the current giveaway, if you haven't already (see the bottom link in my signature line.) One day the random number generator might smile upon you! :)

They do seem impossibly tiny for currency, don't they? Must have been carried in little pouches, I guess. If you think about it, they'd at least be better than the gold dust that was sometimes used as currency during the California gold rush era. (Maybe not better than nuggets, but better than dust, anyway.)

Craigescape likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.