[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #55 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Apr 19, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM Giveaway #55 (pick your prize)

*7/30/21: This contest is now CLOSED. Since the drawing was done nearly three months late (sorry!), the prize was doubled from a $25 credit to a $50 credit. Winner was announced in Post #135.

This giveaway is brought to you by Lucy, because we can't let a cat be the spokescritter every time, right?
    A7B1B03A-2B1B-4AE9-BFE5-DC994079200C.jpeg

Hello, and welcome to the latest giveaway. :)

To enter this giveaway:

Have a look at my swapstock gallery on CollectiveCoin. (Note: that's a very slow link, so give the page several moments to load.)

*I am migrating all of my collections to a nice new site, which will soon solve that issue, but since the move is not yet complete as of this post, I will refer you to the old, slow-loading CC page.

The winner of the random drawing will receive a $25 USD credit towards anything on that page, plus free shipping. Lots are subject to prior sale and availability at the time of the drawing. You may choose lot(s) worth more than $25, but would owe me any remaining balance if that's the case. The prize here is a $25 credit plus free shipping.

Post an entry post stating how you'd hypothetically spend your $25 prize credit if you won. This choice is not set in stone- you can always change your mind later if you actually win the drawing. I just like to hear people's prize preferences, to get an idea of what folks like, and why they like what they do.

One entry post per member. Additional conversational posts are fine, but will not increase your chances in the random drawing. You may, however, post an additional entry post on the tandem thread over on Collectors Universe if you have a membership over there. All entries made over there will be tallied up here, for inclusion in the same drawing. One entry post per member per site.

Alternately, if you do not feel like entering the contest on your own behalf, you may nominate another CoinTalk member to receive the prize instead. Just name your designated member. Then if you do win the drawing, your nominee will get the prize credit.

Entries from international members are welcome. As usual, there is no shipping charge nor any strings attached.

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick ("lordmarcovan")
    Golden Isles of Georgia, April 19, 2021

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Giveaway archive

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. furryfrog02

furryfrog02 Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    If I hypothetically won, I would put the prize towards either the Philippines Peso or Panama Balboa. Both are beautiful coins and I have been wanting to add one to my collection for years. Just have never pulled the trigger.
    Problem is, there are too many other cool coins on your page haha.

4. hotwheelsearl

hotwheelsearl Well-Known Member

Entry post

I’d go for either the Mt Argaeus, or the 1925 50 centisimi + one of the old Spanish ones

5. William F

William F Well-Known Member

Entry post. I would go for the 'Panama silver Balboa' It's been a while since I picked up any foreign silver and I'm getting the itch to do just that...

6. CoinJockey73

CoinJockey73 Well-Known Member

Entry post
    Thank you! What a selection over there!
    Hypothetically, if i won, I'd go with one of the higher priced dimes, and pay the difference. I'm itching to get a REAL nice coin, finally. I think I'm ready, lol.
    Thanks for the opportunity.

7. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post
    I have recently become hooked on collecting elongated cents. I love collecting thing that realistically you can never get a complete set of. You can stop collecting them and move on to something new that tickles your fancy without any regrets. So that said, a set of your elongated cents would be my first pick, with remainder of the money going toward another coin that I will decide on if I win. No use going through the mental excersize of choosing a second coin before I actually win.

8. fullhart

fullhart Junior Member

Entry Post.
    Copper braided hair large cent, 1852.

9. potty dollar 1878

potty dollar 1878 Well-Known Member

Entry post,I'll take the balboa also;).

10. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry Post

If I won, I'd put my $25 credit towards the Panamanian balboa or the Mt. Argaeus provincial.

11. YoloBagels

YoloBagels Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    If I won I'd put my credit towards the reales. Thank you again.

12. Matthew Kruse

Matthew Kruse Young Numismatist

Entry Post

I would choose the Madonna and Child Hungary silver coin. Beautiful coin and I would love to add a hammered silver coin to my collection.

[​IMG]

13. Nyatii

Nyatii I like running w/scissors. Makes me feel dangerous

Entry Post.
    If I hypothetically won I would pick the United States: copper-nickel Shield nickel, "with rays" type, 1866/1866 repunched date.
    If I really won I would pick the Russia: copper 5-kopecks of Catherine the Great, 1782-EM, Ekaterinberg mint as it's a neat coin and I'm cheap.

14. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

Entry Post. If I won...Max and I would like your...
    12593462_883388115115121_5800358138030992276_o.jpg

United States: steel Lincoln Wheat cent, 1943-D

Why ? Because I do not have 1 that nice and would like it in my collection...
    NeSqVsxZTyiQ9dev2P04_1943-1c-slab.png

15. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Entry Post !

Once again, I plan on allowing Rob aka @lordmarcovan to give my prize to one of our YN's if I win .

Thank you Rob!
    Chris_ANA_1977LGsilver_PF67UC.jpg

Chris_ANA_1977LGbronze_MS67.jpg

16. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

Entry post

ideally I’d take the $25 and seek world peace. If it’s not available I’d go for the Flying Eagle

furryfrog02 likes this.
  17. tenbobbit

tenbobbit Well-Known Member

As per usual i will nominate @furryfrog02 to pass on the credit note to FFIVN if i am lucky enough to be chosen.
    I hope this ok with you M'Lord.

In keeping with the OP, here is a picture of my Mothers last dog who sadly is no longer with us.
    She had this cushion made for me because i liked him so much, it makes me laugh whenever i look at it ( it has spooked a few people )

FAT Rocky ( Staffy crossed with a labrador )

IMG_5748.JPG

18. AZSteve

AZSteve Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    I don't have a 63-D Benjie yet, so it might be that. But some of those proofs are also tempting. Thanks for the chance, and your work as a moderator, although I don't know how moderate you really are ;) !

lordmarcovan likes this.
  19. norantyki

norantyki CoinMuncher

Entry Post - still gunning for the c/m Spanish piece ;)

Zorrbabe and lordmarcovan like this.
  20. IMP Shogun

IMP Shogun Well-Known Member

Entry post and I would pick/use it towards either the silver plated drummer boy, the Maidan silver medal or the Barber dime.

Zorrbabe and lordmarcovan like this.
  21. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

Entry Post!

U.S. Silver Franklin Half-Dollar 1963D

This is a year of significance for my parents and family. Plus, my maiden name is Franklin. This would be a coin wrapped in memorializing of a tragic memory of loss.

Once again, thank you for this very generous opportunity Lord M., and
    good luck to all who participate.

Cheech9712 and lordmarcovan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.