[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #52 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dialupsux

Dialupsux Well-Known Member

Your explanation is too vague, can you describe "It" with a little more panache

DarkRage666 and lordmarcovan like this.
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Harry G

Harry G Well-Known Member

Entry Post

First time entering a competition here! It's super generous of you to have international postage too (I'm in the UK) :)

I really like #8. It's such a quirky shape, and the lion on the obverse is fantastic. I also collect ancients, and this would add some variety to my collection. I don't actually have any coins in holders, so even one in a 'nonsensical' holder would be cool!

4. Treashunt

Treashunt The Other Frank

Entry post:

I can't help it.

I gotta get #22.

I am truly a Barber nut!

5. fullhart

fullhart Junior Member

Entry Post
    # 16
    I like the look of the coin, and I don't have any Braided Hair large cent coins yet.

mrweaseluv likes this.
  6. donMiguel

donMiguel Member

Entry Post - Should the Fates smile on me, in a non-cynical way, or even grimace in discomfort, I would ask coin #20 as my boon. My maternal heritage is from that region.

7. Ken Thomson

Ken Thomson New Member

Love Walking Liberties and don't have a 1917-s reverse.

8. Andres2

Andres2 Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Nice Commodus sestertius, I dont own one yet, would live happily between my other Sestertii.
    What happened with that sweet little kitten Penny, her nose is damaged ?
    In dutch its called a lapjes kat= multicoloured.
    Greetings from the Netherlands

9. Jersey magic man

Jersey magic man Supporter! Supporter

Gota get me them errors. I love when machinery screws up, it use to keep me employed.

10. scottishmoney

scottishmoney Buh bye

IMG_0083.jpg

This is Adora Sergeevna Kakeshkina, she is two years old now but still kitten sized and kitten meowed. She thinks her meowmmy would like #7 the Tang Dynasty coin, because she collects coins from China.

11. CREATIVECRHUNTER

CREATIVECRHUNTER Well-Known Member

12. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post

How about #32...I have saved rolls of these from circulation, but no silver clad ones.

13. Sidney Osborne

Sidney Osborne Well-Known Member

Entry post #17
    Chose #34 at last drawing...deferring to seniority... the penny rolls look good ...have hunted through so many ...this might be exciting .! Someone likes this also...let's go with #17... I've always appreciated the class of the older American coinage ...this would be a good start for further involvement...!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  14. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

Entry post.
    ANY PRIZE would have me doing cart wheels but #s 13, 15 or 16 are of particular beauty to me as I especially enjoy Reales and/or do not own a braided hair.
    Good luck all. 1EEDA131-E813-45B8-9B5E-89219C072332.jpeg 1EEDA131-E813-45B8-9B5E-89219C072332.jpeg

15. Daniel Tekippe

Daniel Tekippe New Member

Dear Grumpy Kitty,
    I personally love the 1964 Proof Coin because I used a 1964 quarter to dance light and shadow into a waltz, spinning the invisible elephant in the room into a visible rainbow. Jesus said he was going to make the invisible-visible. Whats 2k years when your having so much fun with your friends. And when I thought I was saving Earth, the Nebulas was saving me. That quarter would be a visible keepsake to memorialize my friendship with space elephants. Remembering their patience, guidance, understanding, wisdom, companionship, endless laughs and most importantly the love they always shined into my heart.

Thank you,

Daniel & the Lions Bin

16. BJBII

BJBII Metrologist, CSSBB

17. ArbySea

ArbySea Well-Known Member

If my number comes up (in a good way), I would choose #22 since it continues to be a twofer -- I currently have neither a Barber half dollar nor a New Orleans minted coin.

I was tempted by the Mexican silver peso – it has a snake in it. ColonialCoinsUK ’s posting “What does the snake represent?” showed up on CoinTalk January 6th. I forwarded the discussion to my son who is a naturalist and who has done research on, keeps, and teaches about snakes. He really enjoyed the posting and appreciated the linked resources. He emailed me that he liked that “the snake is a symbol of public safety”. So now I want to get a “snake” coin for him, but I used the excuse of the peso’s snake getting eaten by the eagle to instead go with the Barber half for me and keep looking for a “healthy, uneaten” snake coin for him.

18. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Entry post. I choose 31. Cuz I love this giveaway. Love free stuff. The prizes are beautiful And good luck to all

19. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

I think I messed up?

20. thomas mozzillo

thomas mozzillo Well-Known Member

Entry Post
    #24 I like the design of the Mexico Peso and don't own one yet.
    Thank you for your generosity. :)

21. Claudius_Gothicus

Claudius_Gothicus Well-Known Member

I had forgotten about this contest and I only stumbled upon it again today, so here's my entry. If I do win, I'd like to nominate @Clavdivs in my place instead, because last month he put up a contest for new collectors in the Ancients section; since in my opinion it was a very noble and generous thing for him to do, I'm nominating him as a sign of respect and appreciation for his desire to help others get started in our beloved hobby.

lordmarcovan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.