[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #48 (pick your prize)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Nov 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArbySea

ArbySea Well-Known Member

Entry post

I have noted in the past that one of my sons can occasionally get me a bunch of change to go through from the business he works at. He delivered a pile around Halloween, and I finally finished going through it. I didn’t find anything spectacular, but it was great fun and I was able to fill a few holes in my quarter collection, replace a few coins with better grade coins, and found an Arizona extra leaf state quarter.

Friday I delivered the processed rolls to my bank. That money coupled with a few refund checks allowed me to get several rolls of dollar coins in return. I’ll go through those as I can and hope to fill some more holes in my collection. I’m quite optimistic since I seem to lack most of the post-2011 President, Native American and Innovation dollars.

DSCF0001a.jpg

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Azjedi

Azjedi Member

entry post
    I went to a coin club this week I got some Franklins there. I almost finished my Franklin book!

4. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

Entry post
    I don't know if this counts but it is a Medal if not I can make a coin post. I love to share this because I think as Custodian of this Item I have a bit of a duty to share it

For Veterans/ Remembrance Day I share a Photo of the Military Cross award to Captain Herbert Henry Bloxham Abbott during the Battle of Hill 70 in the First World War. He was a publish author on Mapping BC(I hope to get a copy of his book) and a BC land Surveyor in Civilian life . He was alive into the 1930’s based on Newspapers ad for his service

I note that his brother died in the battle of Hill 70 . I am currently try to see if (as I was given to understand at one point ) this Military Cross was awarded in the same action as Sargent Major Hanna was award a Victoria Cross. The Miltary Cross was the Third Level bravery decoration for British Empire Officer in the First World War about equal to a US Silver Star

EAC48098-2C64-41BC-9F6D-E5A84D8CE167.jpeg 7B8A94EC-BACC-44E1-A895-016C7FD53CBC.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
  5. Everett Guy

Everett Guy Well-Known Member

I had a $100 bill a guy gave me with a similar serial number, he said it was worth more, i got drunk at the bar and spent it...I did plan to put it in the collection.

6. Kliao

Kliao Member

Entry post.

Was lucky enough to snag one of these during the chaos at the mint.

88F67D54-08BD-4E7F-9414-768E8750F026.jpeg

7. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

This post (#66) is the entry post for jimineez1 on Collectors Universe.

8. lordmarcovan

This post (#67) is the entry post for Musky1011 on Collectors Universe.

9. lordmarcovan

This post (#68) is the entry post for CalifornianKing on Collectors Universe.

10. lordmarcovan

This post (#69) is the entry post for Mjwags on Collectors Universe.

11. lordmarcovan

This post (#70) is the entry post for Kliao on Collectors Universe (who also posted #65 above, under his CoinTalk ID).

12. CalifornianKing

CalifornianKing New Member

Entry Post. My fav coin design it the draped bust motifs.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. lordmarcovan

This post (#72) is the entry post for Delorean on Collectors Universe.

14. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

Entry post (I don't see a post by me on this one anywhere so here we go lol :D)
    so... let's pic a random coin from the pic files..... so you get a pretty 43 with big ol strikethrough
    :D
    20200809_074122_HDR.jpg 20200809_074155_HDR.jpg

lordmarcovan likes this.
  15. lordmarcovan

Looks more like a clashed die than a strikethrough. You can kinda see Abe's ghostly outline on the reverse of the coin.

16. mrweaseluv

mrweaseluv Supporter! Supporter

yup yup "clashed die" not strikethrough.... I very much over medicated on this fine friday night/sat morning :D

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. Cheech9712

Cheech9712 Every thing is a guess

Entry post. Happy thanksgiving folks. Can’t wait for that almond stuffing. Try it

18. lordmarcovan

We’ll let you slide on Rule 2 this once, since you just put up a giveaway of your own. ;)

Cheech9712 likes this.
  19. Cheech9712

Yikes. I know not what I do

20. Cheech9712

God help me

21. Cheech9712

How did you do on the bat search. Maybe I can help. Pm me if you are w searching

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.