[CLOSED] LordM Giveaway #46 (instant giveaway)

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

*** Edit: this giveaway is CLOSED now, but the regular monthly one is still running as of this typing. See link below.***

It's time for another instant giveway!

To win this one, you simply have to guess the answer to the question, and the first person to post the right answer wins.

I have the name of a random Canadian province or territory in my head.

Be the first to post the name of the province or territory I am thinking of, and you will win the coin below.

It's that easy. I will offer no further clues, since there are only 13 possible answers, as Canada has 10 provinces and 3 territories.

The prize coin is a 1984 Canadian "Voyageur" dollar, struck in nickel, and NGC certified as Specimen-66. While not an especially valuable coin, the price is right, eh? ;)

It is a flashy thing with chrome-like luster, but as such, it was a nightmare to photograph properly. The pictures usually came out too dark. Finally I resorted to an animated GIF image (see below).

And since I was too frustrated to try to reshoot it, I said to myself, "Eh... I'll just give it away." So my photographic frustrations are your opportunity to grab a pretty coin for free.

IF you're the first to name the mystery province or territory I'm thinking of, that is. :)

(And if you don't win, Giveaway #45 is still running until early November.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Archive of past giveaways

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. SensibleSal66

SensibleSal66 U.S Casual Collector / Error Collector

British Columbia ?

lordmarcovan likes this.
  4. JayAg47

JayAg47 Well-Known Member

New Foundland

lordmarcovan likes this.
  5. lordmarcovan

Oh, good grief, man! You gotta crystal ball or something? That was too easy!

Yes, in fact British Columbia was the exact province I was thinking of. Really!

So like the last instant giveaway, this one was over pretty quickly. Much more instantly than expected.

The first guess was the right answer!

@SensibleSal66 - I already have a package headed your way anyhow, so that's convenient. Have your address already.

All right, folks, that's it! This one was over barely after it began.

Stay tuned for other instant giveaways in the future. In the meantime, post your entries in Giveaway #45 (the conventional monthly giveaway), if you haven't already.

6. lordmarcovan

That or Nova Scotia were the other ones I would've thought about first. But I went with BC because my sister went to school there, and I'd like to see the Pacific NW sometime. Never been up there.

7. SensibleSal66

Oh WOW !!! My lucky belated Birthday . I had 3 to pick from and my Wife and I chose that one !

8. lordmarcovan

You must be psychotic. Er, I mean psychic. ;)

9. SensibleSal66

10. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Gee, I was sure that you were thinking of Prince Edward Island.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  11. lordmarcovan

I do want some 1871 PEI cents, so in that regard, yes.

12. cpm9ball

They gots skunks on PEI?

13. SensibleSal66

download (1).jpg Don't know but they have great Mussels

14. lordmarcovan

Dunno. Never been there. Why?

15. cpm9ball

You said that you were looking for PEI scents, right?

16. Inspector43

Inspector43 Celebrating 75 Years Active Collecting Supporter

My first thought was N W Territories, given the canoe and the lake.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. lordmarcovan

Aha. Nope. You look at cents. You sniff for scents. (Though that's not always advisable.)

I thought maybe you were lamenting getting skunked in the giveaway. ;)

(Hey, who knew @SensibleSal66 was a mind reader? Not me. I thought we'd get at least three, four, six guesses before somebody nailed it.)

18. cpm9ball

Getting skunked? Nah! I usually try to avoid getting squirted. As for the give-away, it's fine that the wealth is spread around. Keep up the good work!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  19. Chip Kirkpatrick

Chip Kirkpatrick Well-Known Member

BACON? Canadian Bacon. Is that it? 06440F9E-F71A-42A3-A7B5-BA3918D24CA8.jpeg

20. lordmarcovan

21. serdogthehound

serdogthehound Well-Known Member

You will not regret it.

Vancouver is a wonderful city (although Eaton's with it wonderful coin department is long gone :( ) the food is great (spot prawns, fraser valley meat, some of the best Chinese food in North America , the fruit of the Okanagan) the weather wonderful lots of cool activities. The mountain and sea in a day.

I did my BA at UBC great campus and JD at Uvic Victoria is an other great city. And the rural parts of BC are just great.

And to make the numismatic BC prepared patterns for its own gold coins were never issued. Although plain coins they are nicely struck and would be a crowning glory to a Canadian gold collection. Had they been issued they would have the first Gold Coins bearing the name of any part of Canada.

lordmarcovan and SensibleSal66 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.