[CLOSED] LordM & Friends CoinTalk Giveaway #37

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, Mar 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

LordM & Friends CoinTalk Giveaway #37

Deadline for entries: midnight Eastern US time, Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Giveaway37-banner.png

Hi, everybody, and welcome to the latest giveaway!

This month there are 9 prize lots given by 8 donors.

In other words, there will be 9 drawings and each contestant will have 9 chances to win something!

How to enter:

Your entry post must meet all three of these (easy) requirements to be valid.

1. Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply conversationally to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself. Everybody gets only one entry post per month. But that single entry post gives you a chance in all of the drawings, so you do get multiple chances that way. (Since most months feature multiple prize drawings.)

2. In addition to the words "entry post", post something else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like. (Currency, tokens, medals, etc. are fine.) Beginners are welcome- you don't have to know anything about coins. Nor do you have to be able to post pictures. Just post something- anything- generally numismatic in nature, be it your favorite coin, a question, or a story. Whatever. And you can post about non-numismatic stuff, too, as long as you've got at least some coin-related content. In fact, merely describing what you like about the prizes you picked (see next rule) counts as numismatic content.

3. To expedite the prize allotments at the end of the month, please specify your prize choices, in order of preference. You don't have to list all of the prizes if you don't want to (though that helps), but do please give us at least your first three preferences. (List your first favorite choice, second favorite, third favorite, etc., in order). This speeds up the process at the end of the contest and helps ensure everyone has a better chance at getting a prize they like.

The fine print:

• There are no strings attached- no shipping charges or anything.
    • If your lucky number (the permalink number of your entry post) comes up in the drawing at the end of the month, you've won a prize. Drawings are done with the random.org True Random Number Generator.
    • To see how this works and has played out before, look at some of the past monthly giveaways. (I've put an archive of those here.)
    • I will gladly ship prizes outside the USA (or reimburse donor partners for doing so), but if international shipping proves too costly, we do reserve the right to substitute prizes (such as with an electronic PayPal gift, etc).
    • If you are a minor, we're delighted to have you play, but please make sure you have your parents' permission to enter this giveaway, since if you win, we will be required to ask for your mailing address.

Our kind donor partners this month are:

@lordmarcovan (yours truly)
    @SchwaVB57
    @trogdor
    @dwhiz
    @Mainebill
    @Chuck_A
    @Santinidollar
    @Dillon Langford

So many thanks to them for their generosity!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Click the links below to see the prizes!

(Allow those links on the CollectiveCoin site a moment to load- the scripts on that site are kind of slow.)

[​IMG]

Main prize gallery here.
    (Or see the next post for a quick rundown.)

Prize #1 gallery here.
    (Prize #1 is a "pick your own" option, so it has its own subcategory.)

Have fun! :)

Numismatic Regards,

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick, aka "Lord Marcovan"
    (and generous donor partners)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. lordmarcovan

4. paddyman98

paddyman98 I'm a professional expert in specializing! Supporter

Entry Post

I like prize #2 - Elongated Coins

Then #4 Book and #9 Assorted foreign coins

Here is my coin related item.
    IHC with R M counterstamp from my collection
    20181219_194231-1.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
  5. Devyn5150

Devyn5150 Well-Known Member

“entry post”
    7. 9. 6. 8. 3. 5. 1. 2. 4.

I like this piece as is but, I want to free these seven soldiers from their captivity even more so... should I? The first video I saw when researching this piece was one depicting a method to remove without damaging. I think I’ll have to sleep on it some more before deciding but, you could help me decide, lol.
    D774F69F-D004-45A6-9A54-B60DA0355CE6.jpeg

6. lordmarcovan

Leave 'em in there! It's too cool a vintage item to mess up.

7. cpm9ball

cpm9ball CANNOT RE-MEMBER

Entry Post

9, 1, 8, 2, 7, 3, 6, 4, 5

BAG IT ALL!.jpg

8. cpm9ball

9. lordmarcovan

Agreed. Breaking the coins out would be a waste. It's worth more as a numismatic curio, as-is, than the individual coins would be, broken out. Besides, it's neat. Leave it intact.

10. cpm9ball

I just think that it is too pretty to destroy! ~ Chris

11. SchwaVB57

SchwaVB57 Well-Known Member

Entry Post! Thanks for the contest my Lord! Paddy gave me the idea to show a couple of counter-stamped coins. 6, 7, 8, 9, 2,1,4,5,3 IMG_1489.JPG

12. Randy Abercrombie

Randy Abercrombie Supporter! Supporter

Entry Post..... I am easy to please. If I am blessed to have a winning number, I'll just take whatever is left.

I'll post one of my favorite numismatic stories. I grew up a poor teenager with a single, saintly hard working mom. I had a small coin shop between my house and school which is where I spent every free moment I had. My collection was a poor kids collection but the shop owner liked my zeal for coins. He had an average half eagle in his case that I marveled over so he made me a deal. I could cut his grass, wash his windows and whatever other chore he needed until I could pay off that half eagle. When I finally took that gleaming coin home, mom would sit with me at the table and marvel at this lovely glittering gold coin with me....... So now we fast forward forty-five years. Two years ago I had that same half eagle mounted for my mom for Mothers Day. It was a special gift and touched us both. But the phone call I received two days later from her is maybe the happiest/funniest call I ever received. She called me to ask if it was alright if she slept with that necklace on! I knew that half eagle was where it was supposed to be after that phone call.

IMG_3090.JPG

Mainebill, NLL, fretboard and 10 others like this.
  13. dano

dano Junior Member

Entry Post

#6, #7, #3, #8, #1, #5, #2, #4

For my numismatic content, a picture of the haul of silver Kennedy's i pulled from 11 rolls the other day!
    IMG-2652.jpg

Neal, tmeyer, Santinidollar and 6 others like this.
  14. Devyn5150

I know you and lordmarcovan are right, even mine own sometimes good sense knows it to be true, but my tactile senses aren’t being fed, lol. Maybe I just need to go and have a cold shower, lol.

lordmarcovan and spirityoda like this.
  15. bradgator2

bradgator2 Well-Known Member

Entry Post

Coin related: My best friend just set sail yesterday from Barcelona and is going to follow the path Columbus took. It will be his first trans-Atlantic. I gave him my really sweet 1893 Columbian to carry with him as a good luck token. I bought this lot as a replacement for $40. As they have a host of different issues, they will be my first attempts at using some VerdiCare and Conserv.

C17FF770-6F41-4A09-9795-686AAACF3CA2.jpeg

16. spirityoda

spirityoda Coin Junky

"Entry Post"

1959 A.jpg
    1959 B.jpg

prize preferences.... #1 (1943-D cent PCGS MS64), 7,3,4,5,8,9,2

Thank you for the contest and thank you donors.

lordmarcovan, Hookman and Devyn5150 like this.
  17. cpm9ball

If you dare to crack them open, I will personally "dis" you every time you post in these forums. J/K! ~ Chris

Hookman and Devyn5150 like this.
  18. Hookman

Hookman Well-Known Member

Entry Post 4,6,7,1,2,3,8,9,5

I just received an order from eBay consisting of Silver Dimes :
    1942 S, 1943, 1945 D, and a 1945 S, all in nice condition.

Thanks to you LM for Marshalling the contest and thanks to all of the donors for providing fodder for the "gift cannon".

And thanks to Randy for the heart-warming story. A boy's mother is soooo special.

19. Devyn5150

and I would deserve it! Lol

Hookman likes this.
  20. Bradley Trotter

Bradley Trotter Well-Known Member

Entry post

A pair of Roman Antoninianus that I acquired recently. I'm still waiting on these to arrive, and I’m not sure on the plural form of Antoninianus.

E2A5C214-BAC4-4228-B274-27334E0D47D4.jpeg
    9243D8D2-5BF6-4F15-8237-A8D788D01885.jpeg

lordmarcovan, DorkNerd and Hookman like this.
  21. APX78

APX78 Well-Known Member

Entry Post.

Thought I would share a photo of a hobo nickel listed on Ebay recently.

Copy of 1 Horse.....jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.