[CLOSED] LordM & dadams Giveaway, May 2018

Discussion in 'Contests' started by lordmarcovan, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan Eclectic & Eccentric Moderator

Well, there are two people on CT who might be above the law ... since they are the law here. I'm just not one of those two people. I'm the newest rookie deputy whose tin star is still so shiny it hasn't had a chance to rust yet. ;)

CT is a benevolent dictatorship, not a democracy. So when the Augustus or the Caesar speaks, the tribunes listen.

(These are analogies my Ancient coin peeps will get. Haha.)

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Bert Gedin

Bert Gedin Well-Known Member

I'm a bit out of my depth about this. But I see what you're saying, CoinBlazer.

4. Kentucky

Kentucky Supporter! Supporter

dep.jpg

or

dawg.png

Nathan401 likes this.
  5. Bert Gedin

Neither of those two pictures show lordmarcovan's coin-studded hat!!! They are imposters !!!

Kentucky and lordmarcovan like this.
  6. CoinBlazer

CoinBlazer Numismatic Enthusiast

Oh and I get the ancient reference. I'm not a ancient coin guy but I know my history enough

lordmarcovan likes this.
  7. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Are we still waiting?

8. lordmarcovan

Naw, go ahead and pick. We'll slide @Granbeck down the list until she either shows up or ends up with the last prize left.

9. Mountain Man

Mountain Man Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll very happily and with much appreciation accept prize number 5. Who, how to I send my address?

10. lordmarcovan

Prize #5 was a @dadams contribution, so please send him your address. He should be seeing this post since I tagged him, too. Thanks.

dadams likes this.
  11. lordmarcovan

Here is the prize selection status now.

1. @Jersey magic man - first choice - chose Prize #4
    2. @Mountain Man - second choice - chose prize #5
    3. @Granbeck - third choice - awaiting selection
    4. @Dougmeister - fourth choice
    5. @Santinidollar - fifth choice
    6. @dchjr - whatever's left

We will allow @Granbeck 24 hours from this post to choose her prize, and if we still haven't heard from her by then, we'll bump her down a slot again and move @Dougmeister up to third choice.

12. swish513

swish513 Penny & Cent Collector

Congrats to the winners! And thanks for the contest!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  13. dadams

dadams Well-Known Member

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to @lordmarcovan for all the effort involved in putting this together for our CT friends.

Prize #4 & #5 shipped today!!

-Doug

14. lordmarcovan

OK, still no word from @Granbeck, so she moves down a slot and @Dougmeister gets third pick from the prizes. And I already know his choice, because he mentioned his preferences in a PM conversation.

So @Dougmeister got third choice in the giveaway, but ended up with the item he said he wanted the most. @dadams- that's another one of yours, fella. Seems your US contributions were far more popular than my World & Ancient stuff!

2. @Mountain Man - second choice - chose Prize #5
    3. @Dougmeister - third choice - chose Prize #6
    4. @Granbeck - fourth choice - awaiting contact & prize selection
    5. @Santinidollar - fifth choice

Once again, we will allow @Granbeck 24 hours from this post to choose her prize, and if we still haven't heard from her by then, we'll bump her down yet another slot and move @Santinidollar up to fourth choice. @Granbeck might end up with the last leftover, but if comes to that, I'll hold that prize for her for a month and maybe she'll come back around.

15. lordmarcovan

OK, still no @Granbeck, so she moves down another slot and @Santinidollar moves up to the next prize selection (fourth pick).

2. @Mountain Man - second choice - chose Prize #5
    3. @Dougmeister - third choice - chose Prize #6
    4. @Santinidollar - fourth choice - awaiting prize selection
    5. @Granbeck - fifth choice

If we still have not heard from @Granbeck, then @dchjr will move up to fifth choice, get his choice of the last two remaining prizes, and I'll hold the last prize left for @Granbeck. She will have until the end of June to claim her prize and if I do not hear from her by then, I will award the remaining prize to the next person who had an eligible number drawn, and that person appears to be @juris klavins, for Post #62 (which also happened to make me laugh).

So in summary, @Granbeck has 24 hours from this post to make fifth choice of the prizes, and if she doesn't, she gets the sixth and last prize left, and if she fails to claim that by the end of the month, it will go to @juris klavins.

See? I told you this prize selection was messy and time-consuming, but I do like to give everybody a choice sometimes.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  16. Bert Gedin

Well done, numismatic glad-iators, and organisers ! All will be richly rewarded (if not in this life, then in the Afterlife !!!).

lordmarcovan likes this.
  17. Santinidollar

Santinidollar Supporter! Supporter

I happily choose No. 2, the Bicentennial medal!

Me Lord, I just PMed my address to you.

A big thank you to both of you fellows for putting this together. Your contests are one of the big CT highlights!

lordmarcovan likes this.
  18. Granbeck

Granbeck Active Member

Oh, no!!! I have been out of the country for 9 days. Am I still in?

19. Granbeck

Granbeck Active Member

I love them all, so any are OK for me. So sorry for lack of reply. I took my granddaughter to London.

lordmarcovan likes this.
  20. Bert Gedin

For those who follow the Scriptures (no compulsion !), they say the last shall be the first. You might be pleasantly surprised, Granbeck !

21. lordmarcovan

Yay, @Granbeck's back! :)

You may choose Prize #1 (the ancient coin) or Prize #3 (the two Finnish coins).

@dchjr will receive whatever remains.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.