Guess the TPG grade 1826 CBHD

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Bedford, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

WOOO HOOO - So here is the next gem that I am the keeper of for the time being.

So how is your eye compared to the TPG's ?

Ill give you a hint that the coin is in a green lable slab... So is it undergraded ?

Remember this is guess the TPG's grade ,not your grade but Id still like to hear what you would call it too.

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. rhoggman

rhoggman New Member

Technically it could be a MS64. I would say MS63 as the long verticle scratch on the cheeck stands out BIGTIME. Really the only reason it stands out so much is because the coin is so clean.

4. diocletian

diocletian Senior Member

5. Leadfoot

Leadfoot there is no spoon

PQ 63 is my grade. Wouldn't be surprised with a 64 either.

6. Leadfoot

If it's still in that green slab, chances are it isn't.

7. vipergts2

vipergts2 Jester in hobby of kings

The old holder tripps me up a bit. I think the slab says ms 64, I would say AU58, as it looks to have some rubs on her goldie locks and on the eagles feather tips.
    Very nice coin, by the way. :thumb:

8. rzage

rzage What Goes Around Comes Around .

I'd say it's MS-63 same thing on the lable , still a beautiful original coin , could go MS-64 .
    rzage

9. kidromeo

kidromeo I M LEGEND

MS 62....Nice coin.

10. rlm's cents

rlm's cents Numismatist

That coin sure is clean for an almost 200 year old coin, but it looks to me like it has some album wear. I will guess AU58. If it did make MS, I would say MS64.

11. claw

claw Senior Member

Au Pcgs probably graded it MS-62

12. mark_h

mark_h Somewhere over the rainbow

Nice coin - I am going with MS62 as the PCGS grade. For some reason I do not like the toning.

13. GDJMSP

GDJMSP Numismatist Moderator

I would hope that PCGS said AU58, I would as well. There is light wear on the tops of the wings, eagle's beak, eagle's head, and just a tad on the branch. On the obverse light wear on the hair, a touch on the cap and the date.

But since I'm just looking at a picture, I must be wrong :rolleyes:

14. Phoenix21

Phoenix21 Well-Known Member

I'll say MS-64 for my grade, MS-63 as there grade (atleast IMO). That's a beauty for sure! :thumb:

Phoenix :cool:

15. coleguy

coleguy Coin Collector

16. ksparrow

ksparrow Coin Hoarder Supporter

I see enough darkening of metal on the high spots, and on the reverse field, to believe that it is AU58. I will bet it graded out as MS62, though.

17. Leadfoot

Look At The Luster! :eek:

18. Bedford

Bedford Lackey For Coin Junkies

Oh boy, I may just have to send you this one GD . Just so you can disagree with it in hand. :p

I'll have to post some other pictures on Tuesday because I have done this coin a dis-service according to the comments. I think you all are going to be amazed.

19. Leadfoot

So what's the grade! 65? :eek: 66? :eek:hya:

20. Droidicus

Droidicus New Member

That is one of the best struck Bust Half I have ever seen, the only flaw that I can see in the pictures is the vertical mark on the face. Because of the I will say 64/65, without that or if that is a scratch/hair on the slab or something then I would say 66/67.

As for attribute, it looks like a O-118, if that is a die crack on top of "TATES" that I see, and there is no die crack on top of "MERICA" (I cannot see one here in the picture), then it is between O-118 and O-118a. In either case, they are both R.1

~Droid

21. Catbert

Catbert Evil Cat

64!

Wow - I'd love to own that little Bustie.

Draft saved Draft deleted