Guess the IKE grade XII

Discussion in 'US Coins Forum' started by Atarian, Feb 18, 2014.

?

PCGS says the grade is:

1. PR67 Cameo

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. PR67 Deep Cameo

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. PR68 Cameo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Atarian

Atarian Well-Known Member

Try your hand at this one, grade and superlative, ie PRxx CAM, PRxx DCAM, or PRxx.

Winner gets bragging rights!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Guest User Guest

to hide this ad.
  3. Atarian

Well I hosed up the post and hit enter in the wrong time. Can't seem to edit or delete, so disregard this post!

4. Sean the Coin Collector

Sean the Coin Collector Active Member

What does hosed up the post mean ??

5. MKent

MKent Well-Known Member

It's a beauty. I like the IKES just never decided to start a set I keep thinking I will but I want an album set not a slabbed set. I just don't know enough to buy top raw coins and can't bring myself to crack out the graded ones.

6. Atarian

Hosed up means I'm either not smart enough to figure out how to edit the poll to add more choices, or there is no way to do it.

Feel free to guess a grade that's not on the list! (hint hint).

7. 19Lyds

19Lyds Member of the United States of Confusion

Oh. OK.

Well, I can tell from the coin number that its a DCAM (which is whyI polled PR67DCAM since it was the only DCAM in the list) so, I'll go with PR68DCAM.

Granted, this is only a guess based upon my experience with PCGS. You see, they "used" to habd out PR69DCAM like it was candy. However, today, they are much more strict.
    I am actually quite surprised that the coin got a DCAM since the "toning", if that's what you want to call it, actually precludes that assignment of "Deep Cameo" since most of the fields are not "DEEP".

Now, 9its possible that the coin was graded 5 or 6 years ago. If that's the case, then possible PR69DCAM but if it were submitted within the past 6 months, I'd lay money on the PR68DCAM but still wonder about the "DEEP" attribution since the fields are anything but deep.

8. Atarian

Wow - good answer. PR68DCAM is correct! Submitted October of last year.

Thanks for the schooling - I never realized the coin number was different for the same coin with a different suffix - DC versus C versus nothing. Interesting.

Same for Morgans, i.e. DMPL versus 'normal'?

Draft saved Draft deleted